+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 58
FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 LastLast

Thread: Pistons trade rumors/media speculation (Offseason 2009)

We don't do that deal because the primary need is a shot blocker

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl

Maybe this is Joe showing that he wants to keep Max. The whole trading Max idea was never a public rumor, it was always just a WTFDetroit thing.
    or it shows that davis isnt worth what some think.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

I don't think he's any better than Max. He does some things better, some things worse. He's just bigger and could potentially play some C, somewhere Max should never play. Ever.
    _

It's not that Davis is or isn't better than Maxiell.

The deal SHOULD have been done simply to clear Maxiell's bloated contract extension off the books.

We might give up our first round pick in the next draft but are we seriously thinking of adding more rookies to this young group?

I think we could justify losing the pick by claiming that Daye, Summers and Jerebko would be "ready for more minutes" aka "internal development".
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Were this any other GM, I'd say "sure, if it's a lottery-protected pick". Given that it's Dumars, I'd almost want a non-lottery protected pick.

I wouldn't care where the pick was in the Draft. You'd naturally have Lotto protection the 1st year, then we could have zero protection the next.

Moving Maxiell would have made this off-season IMO. He simply isn't worth the MLE, which is basically what we'll be paying him.

IF by some miracle John Q Cleveland can make him an awesome role player that boards and blocks and bangs I'll be the first to say I was wrong but until Maxiell shows he can handle 25 minutes per night and can be a force out there he's way overpaid IMO.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

I don't want to give up any firsts. If we can't trade for a quality big we are going to need to draft one. The more 1sts that we have, the better. I wouldn't mind throwing Boston a couple of 2nds though.

I have to agree. Also consider that Maxiell's contract actually isn't that bad. It is a problem when trying to sing FAs, but once you are capped out, like we almost are, then it makes less of a difference. Max really just has to up the output a little to be worth 5mill. I would consider it if we traded him for actual cap room now, and had a deal with Lee or Odom.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh
    are we seriously thinking of adding more rookies to this young group?
    Why not add another rookie 1st rounder to the team next year, P?

What's so much better about having a summer leaguer in the 3rd PG role instead of having a promising rookie as our PG depth? He may end up being the #2 PG with Bynum being a FA next year. Who knows what will happen there.

What's wrong with having a rookie SG taking Washington's spot on the roster next year, or taking over backup SG if we move Rip?

What's wrong with a rookie big man? Having a rookie in the frontcourt that can develop and work his way into the rotation is not a bad thing. We have CV, Max, and Wilcox under contract for next year. If we still have them and get an improvement at C, we'll still want one more big for depth. Why not have it be a rookie?

I just don't understand the logic in not wanting to add another young piece while we're rebuilding, or ever for that matter.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh
    It's not that Davis is or isn't better than Maxiell.

The deal SHOULD have been done simply to clear Maxiell's bloated contract extension off the books.

We might give up our first round pick in the next draft but are we seriously thinking of adding more rookies to this young group?

I think we could justify losing the pick by claiming that Daye, Summers and Jerebko would be "ready for more minutes" aka "internal development".

Wow. Just wow.

...so, your brilliant logic is, get rid of a bloated Maxiell contract by taking back a soon-to-be bloated Glen Davis contract, and throw in a 1st rounder because we already have enough young talent?

Yes, with all the young centers currently on the roster, we obviously have no need for a 1st rounder next season. Let's just give it away at the first opportunity.

That is Matt Millen-type logic. The worst of the worst. thank god you aren't actually in charge of anything that matters.

I miss Glan. He made much more sense than this.

+ Reply to Thread