+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 58
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistons trade rumors/media speculation (Offseason 2009)

Last I heard was Calangelo was going to ride out Bosh until the end of his deal (while offering an extension).... they are definately going to explore S&T offers for Marion (prolly the interest in Tay).

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Marion can defend well when given the call, but can't do so and be any sort of big-deal offense guy (and indeed, that's not his role in any event). I'm still not sure what's going on in his head since leaving Phoenix. I suspect he'll get less money than he thinks he should get and will sulk. I'd really want to know who our next coach would be before we try for Marion. In fact, I have to believe that any big free agents would want to know who our next coach is.

Marion's not getting $10M a season in this economy.

yeah it would take WAY more than tay and amir to get bosh. toronto would laugh us back across the border with that proposal.

as for marion.....he strikes me as the type of guy joe would pursue, for better or worse. i'm not a huge advocate of pursuing him- although i think he's a definite improvement over what we've got going on right now- but i just have a feeling that he'll be a piston come august.

Would a S&T with Sheed help?

Sheed, Tay, Amir, 1st for Marion and Bosh? I'd do that.
    _

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    You might as well forget about getting both Marion and Bosh. That ain't gonna happen. But if they want Tayshaun and something else (that isn't another starter) in exchange for Bosh, you gotta be out of your mind not to go for that deal.

They're not keeping Marion. He'd simply be a way for them to get more back for Bosh. It's a sign-and-trade for him, and he's not going to stay in Toronto. They'd essentially be trading Bosh for Tay, Amir, Sheed, and a pick. The big question is would they want to take on that much salary and would Sheed be willing to go to Toronto? He'd have to be in on the sign-and-trade and I don't feel like that's somewhere they'd want to go. Plus, I don't know why Toronto would want Sheed, a floating big man that doesn't like the paint, if they're going to get rid of Bosh and just have Bargnani, a floating big man.
    _

I don't see why we would offer anything for Marion. He's a UFA and we have enough cap space to sign him outright and don't have to worry about a S&T. Not many teams are looking to spend big money.

I didn't even think about him being a UFA. Why would we need to do a sign-and-trade? That's stupid. Great point Mick.

Sheed is a UFA as well, right?
    Last edited by Zekyl; 04-24-2009 at 11:57 AM.
    _

+ Reply to Thread