+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 58
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistons trade rumors/media speculation (Offseason 2009)

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    DO IT! we can easily fill the SF spot with some freeagents like Marvin, Childress, Ariza or per trade...but for a deal like Tay/amir for Bosh to happen, Bosh has to decline an extension first and basically tell them he will leave in '10...

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure that Childress is an RFA.

I'm very sure I don't want Ariza's lack of bball IQ.

If we are going to beat Boston or Cleveland, we NEED someone that can defend the 3 at least decently. As good as TP has been, he is just aweful against Lebron (as are most players) and Pierce (albeit less so). Both players just have a physical skill set that is too much for him. I petition for Caron Butler. He is physical and stong, and a great defender as well. I think Toronto would listen to Tayshaun, our first and six mill in cap room for Bosh if he doesn't extend with them. I would definitely use the rest of the cap room and assets we have to get Butler, Childress, or another good player.

Gotta love the number of hoops that we are jumping through to convince ourselves that a Tay for Bosh deal is even remotely realistic.

Read the original article. There is not even a sniff of indication that this has any sense of reality. Toronto likes Prince. Maybe (there wasn't even anything other than McCosky's word there). That's it.

Well guess what.

Detroit likes Lebron James. and Cleveland likes Arron Afflalo.

MAYBE WE CAN DEAL AFFLALO AND CAPSPACE FOR LEBRON!!!

Blog Entries
    Would you guys take Marion in a S&T for Tay?
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gl'enn
    No.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Gl'enn
    Not for what Marion makes now. What kind of money is Marion signing for in this scenario?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Not for what Marion makes now. What kind of money is Marion signing for in this scenario?

Better not make any more than Tay.....better not make what Tay makes frankly.....and that won't work.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Looking at past games, it's not like Butler defends against LeBron any better than Tayshaun does, but he manages to maintain an offensive game as a #2/#3 option better than Tayshaun does as a #3/#4 option. Of course, Butler is more turnover-prone and isn't as durable as Tayshaun...

Blog Entries
    $10m is probably what Marion would want/get, which is about what Tay gets IIRC.

I'm thinking that Marion would do a better job on LeBron/Pierce than Tay does.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread