+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanks Joe Dumars.....

Quote Originally Posted by micknugget
    By the way, in the Grade Joe Dumars Poll, 47% gave Joe a D or F. Add to that the 17% that gave him a C and you have a majority that think he did an average to below average job.
    That's for two reasons.

1) Curry sucks ass. If he's replaced by a decent coach then I'm fine with Curry having been the stop gap.

2) Until we see the space pan out, we can't give him a good grade for the move he made.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

He did do a bad job.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    LOL, we should stockpile GMs now instead of SGs.

If Joe was going to leave, he wouldn't have let Hammond leave 5 minutes ago. Think about your conspiracies before you spread them please.
    You been hanging out with Gutz?

What is it with you people and "conspiracies" and "agendas"? Ever heard of an idle thought? Something to provoke the mind? Damn.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gl'enn
    You been hanging out with Gutz?

What is it with you people and "conspiracies" and "agendas"? Ever heard of an idle thought? Something to provoke the mind? Damn.
    Apparently that's not allowed here without ridicule and name calling!

We were THE MOST underachieving team this year by far.

I posted this before, but if your team is losing cuz you have shitty talent is one thing, but our team had talent and was losing and just not showing up.

That is frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    We were THE MOST underachieving team this year by far.

I posted this before, but if your team is losing cuz you have shitty talent is one thing, but our team had talent and was losing and just not showing up.

That is frustrating.
    Hmm, if you go by start of year I expected us to make the ECF and lose basically.

After the trade I expected the 4th seed and possibly a second round exit.

Other underachieving teams:

Suns - missed playoffs, but still better than Pistons

Clippers - I think they expected to be in the playoff hunt at least with Camby, Davis and Randolph. They had 16 wins.

Knicks - many thought they'd compete for a playoff spot.

Toronto - probably pegged as a playoff team at least.

I'd probably say the Clippers were a bigger bust based on the players they added. I'd put the Pistons 2nd though for sure.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    The Clippers didn't have Camby, Davis and Randolph for most of their games (not to mention Kaman). I wonder how many games those guys actually played together? Disappointing season, to be sure, but I don't know if "underachieving" fits for the Clips this year.
    Find a new slant.

Right. They have excuses. I'm just saying going into the year I think you would have said the Clippers would be fighting for a road playoff series.

Outside Prince and Stuckey we didn't exactly have a full lineup either.

Rip played 67
    AI played 54
    Sheed played 66
    Dyess played 62

The Clippers had Thornton and Gordon all year.
    Davis played 65
    Camby played 62
    Randolph played 39
    Kamen played 31

So they missed more games up front for sure, but 16 wins?

Blog Entries
    Not to make excuses for the Clips, but the fact that the West had 9 really good teams (and the rest were horrible) didn't help them much, either.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread