+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17
FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: Thanks Joe Dumars.....

Quote Originally Posted by micknugget View Post
    It's nice to stop by and see what became of this post.

It's both ironic and unfortunate that I was right and that the Pistons have really gotten that bad with little hope on the immediate horizon. Those of you who ridiculed me and called me an idiot can suck it because I was right, again, even though it was an unpopular opinion. For those who supported me having the right to voice my opinion, I thank you.

Hopefully new ownership is on the horizon which will bring us needed change. I would love to see a passionate owner like a Mark Cuban but that's probably a pipe dream. Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by WTF Translator
    I told you so!
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    The weirdest thing for me isn't that we're gonna miss the playoffs.

It's that people seem to have forgotten that we finished in the top 4 for a long fucking time.

Now, unless you believe that Hammond was the mastermind behind our run how the fuck can you doubt Joe now?

Cause he didn't land a Franchise big in an off-season where exactly ZERO franchise bigs were available?

I'll bash Joe's draft record forever cause it's pathetic but when it comes to trades or free agency he's usually spot on...

Fuck all the negative shit - think positive
    CBill for AI?
    Wanted to sign Hill.
    Signed CV and BG.

I don't know if he deserves as bad of a grade as his drafting, but 'spot on' is a stretch, imhfo.
    Players meeting my ASS!

I believe the Nova signing is a good one and that can be proven if we ever get a decent C to compliment his skills.

The BG signing could also be proven right if we were able to move Rip for this mystery big man.

And should Joe move Rip for that big man, and Nova and BG prove themselves worthy signings wouldn't that mean the Billups/Iverson swap was worth it?

At the end of the day we were going no higher with Billups here. Joe took a short-term hit for what hopefully is a long-term gain.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

V could easily be the LA version of Lamar Odom here, but we need solid pieces in front of him.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    CV could easily be a career bench player just like Maxiell...sure he's got a lot of talent, but he has to prove he can perform on a consistent level to be a starter in this league, and he never has done that til now...

also until RIP is moved the BG signing is a disaster, Gordon needs 30+ minutes badly to be effective

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Asberry View Post
    also until RIP is moved the BG signing is a disaster, Gordon needs 30+ minutes badly to be effective
    The 2005 SMOY needed only 24 mpg to be effective.

I haven't seen anything from Charlie V as far as defense or rebounding to believe that he is anything more than an overpriced reserve. Those are pretty important traits for a PF.

Villanueva, Pistons stuck with each other

The scary thing about the entire Charlie Villanueva/John Kuester flap after Wednesday's game is the Pistons are absolutely married to Villanueva. No other team is going to take him, want him, so the Pistons better hope Villanueva suddenly learns how to play defense and play with the type of energy Kuester wants consistently. Villanueva has rarely done so this season for through his career. This increasingly looks like a Joe Dumars signing that will not work.
    Freep or something.
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread