• D

3 23.08%
  • F

1 7.69%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Grade the Lions Draft

Colin Cowheard made a good point this morning. He said that Houston has the most players playing actively on their roster in the last 3 years from their drafts. When is the last time you heard anything good about their drafts the day after? In fact most questioned the Mario Williams pick too.

If Levy or Follet can grab ahold of the MLB spot and run with it we'll be in good shape I think. They still need a good DT, OT and another CB though for this team to come close to competing (even if we have our MLB on the team now).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Kiper is a douche. The only reason we got a B is because we took his butt boy Stafford. I have no problem with Pettigrew or Delmas, but the Stafford pick actually did blow up our whole draft. If we had taken Curry, we would have had the cap space, and been able to hold off on taking another LB. I would have still done that trade with the 3-1 pick and then taken an OG/OT in the third. I think we would have been much better adding Curry, Delmas, and our DT to the defense, with Pettigrew and a G/OT. We also would have had to reach for Levy to play MLB at that point either. Hell we could have used the cap space saved from Curry to Stafford to add a quality OL or DT veteran as well.

Then again if Stafford becomes a franchise QB it won't matter. My biggest beef is with the middle of the draft. You need to get solid players there and I'm not sure we did.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

No trench blocking or tackling addressed... all that was accomplished was assuring a top 5 pick for next year... we'll have most of the cap locked up on two players... this years 1st pick will get injured trying to run for safety... then he'll get Scott Mitchell "happy feet" while losing his confidence... of course this won't happen until Culpepper goes down with his annual ailments.
    How strong of an arm do you need while throwing on your back?

Well, they did address the blocking slightly. Pettigrew will help there. It will be nice to have an every down TE. Instead we had TE's for run plays and TE's for pass plays. It made our offense less versitile, and probably more predictable.

He'll also be a safety valve for Stafford when he is pressured.

I gave the Lions a C. They passed up some pretty good players that filled their needs. I would have liked them to take Oher at #20 and later in the draft I really wanted us to get a good who DL slipped like Sidbury. We got some good players but our lines are still a mess.

Taking DT Hill was huge. Filled a hole. And taking the OT, even though it was late, added a player on the offensive side too.

The TE late is unexplainable to me.

unless ryan succup was your dream pick, taking a TE didnt cost us anything. we can still go sign anyone we wanted.

^ Thats if we can get that player to show up here instead of 1 of the other clubs.

There had to be a LB out there.

I gave it a B. I'm good with most of it, but the Penn St WR and the TE.

+ Reply to Thread