1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Grade the Pick: Brandon Pettigrew

Grade the Pick: Brandon Pettigrew

Lions draft Brandon Pettigrew at #20.

Approve or not?

What grade would you give the pick?

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

He's talented and could be a very good TE. But the Lions had more important needs than a TE... LIKE DEFENSE.

Rey was available - that would have been the better pick.

MoTown is right.

Mo Mo Mo go get some kool-aid.

Seriously, if the Lions do the Colt thing, where they draft a bunch of Offense in a year and then go Defense, I'd go with that.

We signed more defensive players in FA, or traded, than offense. Grady, Petersen, Henry, another LB I forgot the name of, Titans nickel back, we won't be the Ravens but we got better there in the offseason.

If you just invested 42million bucks in a guy, you HAVE to do some of these things to help him succeed.

I agree, but wouldn't you draft a lineman?

And wouldn't you go defense first, considering the Lions had the second worst defense in HISTORY last year? I know they got a lot of free agents for the defense, but you build through the draft.

I just feel like this draft feels a lot like a Millen draft.

MoTown is right.

6'6" - 263? The guy is a monster. I like the pick. He's going to provide pass protection, run blocking and will be a good target from a position we haven't had a good player in since David Sloan (Marcus Pollard was old when he got here).

Also, criticize the pick all you want, you'll have to answer to this guy:

Millen forced players on coaches that the coaches DID NOT WANT.

Schwartz is on board with this. They said they will both agree on the picks.

I don't want to ignore defense, cuz we will NEVER win the Super Bowl without it. But with the salaries that the #1oa pick get, you almost have to draft a QB to make it sensible. Once you do that, you have to help him succeed.

Defense will have to take a back seat for this year only.

you dont draft stafford and then tell him good luck and draft defense the rest of the way. you got to support the pick, and i think pettigrew does that. i didnt watch him, so i wont speculate him over oher, but the experts love the pick so ill have to give them the benefit of the doubt (normally the right thing to do with the lions. theyre professionals, after all).

i gave it an A.

Someone said "We took the 1st TE over the 4th best OT. Thats what drafting talent means to me.

Stafford shouldn't even play this year, so I don't think giving him talent around him matters. I've already stated that I'm all about defense, and I just wish these first two picks were defense instead of offense.

I can't help but have flashbacks because we're drafting flashy players like nothing has changed...

MoTown is right.

+ Reply to Thread