• F

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Grade the Pick: Matt Stafford

Grade the Pick: Matt Stafford

I figure we can do this for all of the picks the Lions take in the first 3 rounds.

Do you approve of the Stafford selection?

What grade would you give it?

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

I approve. I'm just going to have to trust they did their homework.

Staff 'can' be successful in the NFL. Will he be here? Who the frick knows. If history is a judge, it doesn't look promising.

Can't give it an A with that contract, but I'll give it a B. He was basically the pick all along, at least with who we have in charge it was.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Stafford > Cutler and his drama.

I'm justifying my grade with Jethro's proficient analysis and I agree with his prognosticating:

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    2010. He'll be lucky to get any regular season snaps this year (assuming Culpepper is healthy).
    The only way he sees the field this year is if Culpepper is extreme.

If he's extremely bad, Schwartz might have difficulty resisting the temptation to play Stafford, especially if Stafford looks to be progressing well in practices.

If Culpepper is extremely good (this is never going to happen) and the Lions blow some people out, Stafford might get some 4th quarter time.

I would put the over/under on 40 snaps for Stafford this season. But I would then give him a 75% chance of being the starter for 2010. Probably the only way he doesn't start in 2010 is if Culpepper plays fairly well this year and Stafford really struggles in practice. Then the team might try to resign Culpepper to an extension.
    This is what NFL teams are supposed to do in our position and assuming that's what my Lions will do, I am perfectly fine with picking up who I think is the best QB in the draft.

The high risk/reward is in full effect: The next Elway or Leaf? We'll see.

gave it a B. i wanted curry. fast fact: the best 3 offenses missed the playoffs last year, while the best 3 defenses made it. ergo, it would have made more sense to build up a crazy defense...

also, i think qbs are typically products of their environment, and if thats the case with this kid hes fucked.

but he seems to have been near consensus #1, and if hes really the top talent, why not. the idea of stafford to johnson happening 100 times in the next decade sounds good to me.

also, the scout in b-diddy likes this kid's throwing motion. reminds me of mcnabbs, with a nice quick release. he'll need that in detroit.

I'm with you Diddy. I wanted Curry really badly, but would rather bring in someone that will hopefully change the course of this franchise dramatically. Moving a guy from OLB to ILB scared me. Bring in James Laurinaitis. Next Spielman? Laurinaitis the Lion...sounds good to me...but then again so did Matt LIONhart, I'll hang up and listen.

The only reason I didn't want Curry is the payscale is low for LBs. Tought to do that with the 1st pick. It would be interesting to see what the deal was that they hammered out.

In honor of the great Joseph Harrington, I propose we call him Matty Stafford.
    _

+ Reply to Thread