+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: when does stafford start?

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    When Marie Antoinette saw the starving people rioting in the streets of Paris and said, "Let them eat cake," I'm pretty sure there were a few stupid rioters who said, "you know what? Cake sounds good. Maybe she'll let us have some cake."

The descendants of those cake-eating motherfuckers are today's Lions fans.

Anyone, and I mean anyone who thinks this is a good idea should probably have their head examined.

I don't think it matters a lick. I think David Carr is bad at NFL football and Peyton Manning is good. Nothing to do with when they began starting.

Blog Entries
    ^Agreed.
    Find a new slant.

It only matters how they handle it. I think Peyton threw like 4 TD's and 19 INT's his first year. Also, Carr had the worst OL in NFL history (got sacked 76 times). He also had no WR's (Bradford and a bunch of crap) and no RB's (Jonathan Wells?) either. I'd use another rookie bust instead. Carr had junk around him, got hammered and never recovered.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Swami
    When Marie Antoinette saw the starving people rioting in the streets of Paris and said, "Let them eat cake," I'm pretty sure there were a few stupid rioters who said, "you know what? Cake sounds good. Maybe she'll let us have some cake."

The descendants of those cake-eating motherfuckers are today's Lions fans.

Anyone, and I mean anyone who thinks this is a good idea should probably have their head examined.
    WTF Translator : hate hate hate hate hate hate

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    ^Disagree.
    could you elaborate?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I don't think he was "ruined". I think he couldn't speed up his reads to adjust from linemen running 4.9 40s to 4.4 40s. Quick release like that, he shouldn't have been sacked that much regardless of if you and I were the ones blocking and Glenn was playing "dad type" with the ball in backfield.

Joey Harrington couldn't get it done. Dan McGuire was just a guy who couldn't make the grade. Turns out Brady was. People in the draft room make mistakes in all sports at all positions. No matter who drafted Darko and where he played, Chris Bosh was just better than him at NBA basketball. It showed in his 4th exhibition game. It shows today. If Stafford is good, he'll spend a couple years and figure stuff out on the field the same way he would if he watched video and gave Dante high-fives for a couple weeks.

I wasn't saying Carr was only a bust because of his OL. I was simply saying that Stafford will have a much better chance to succeed based on what is around him.

QB's drafted #1 in the last 10 years:
    Carr - bad talent around him, but also a bust
    Couch - see Carr
    Palmer - good offensive talent. did ok from start.
    Eli - see Palmer

Palmer had Rudi/CJ/TJ which is about the same as Stafford will have (TJ is a better 2nd WR than what Lions have though).

Eli had Toomer/Ike/Barber/Shockey so he had good talent too. He benifited from a good defense when they won it all and Stafford won't have that for a while for sure.

The Couch/Carr/Leaf's of the world were complete busts, but they also had crap around them too. I'd rather compare Stafford to Palmer and Eli to see how he's doing with decent offensive talent.

I'm sorry, I think Stafford's supporting cast may go 0-16 again. This team looks awful. I think Carr is a good example.

+ Reply to Thread