+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The #20 overall pick

The #20 overall pick

Now that we know that Stafford is the top pick, what does that clear up for #20?

Most speculation I've seen is Oher at 20. A lot depends on who falls. Could be Oher, could be Maualuga, I've seen a couple mocks that think Jenkins could even fall there. They aren't likely to drop that far, but obviously Monroe or A. Smith would be ahead of Oher and Rey. Others think that fixing the line is so important that even if all those are gone they would go after the best remaining OL - either Britton or Beatty.
    Speculation that Laurinitis would be available at 33 might hurt Maualuga's chances at 20.
    With need at DT, Hood could be an additional option at 20.

It should be an interesting 1st round because there are likely to be numerous people rising and falling in their stock.

I've also seen a number of suggestions that the Lions would package 20 and 33 to move up and get one of the better OT's. I'm not too sure that would happen, but very little suprises me anymore.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

I'd be stoked with Maualuga. There is a good chance he could play all 3 downs, that is only a question mark, no sure thing. He is definitely the "thumper" the Lions have been talking about, IMO.

Pick up TJ Lang, guard with 65 or 82 or Eric Wood/Alex Mack, C/G with the 33rd. Something like this could be very nice:

1a) Stafford
    1b) Maualuga
    2) Sean Smith
    3a) TJ Lang
    3b) Sammie Lee Hill

That might be my favorite draft at the moment. TJ Lang, from what I've read, is a mean mofo from a smaller school. I guess I should be questioning these small school guys Lang and Lee Hill, but they definitely have the size and athleticism to succeed at the next level.

Here is another viable option:

1) Stafford
    20) Oher
    33) Laurinaitis
    65) Macho Harris
    82) Lee Hill

Definitely like door no. 1 more, as I'm not a huge Oher fan.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRay11
    I'd be stoked with Maualuga.

I've said all along if they draft a QB 1oa, they'll use 20 or 33 on OT. I'm sticking with that.

They have said they are taking talent, so that could go out the window.

I don't think Oher will be there anymore. He might go as high as #11 to the Bills (they traded their OT). Depends on if Andre Smith makes it that far.

Rey is the pick I hope. I'd also be happy with a top level CB there too (if they got James L with #33).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread