+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: OST: 2008/09 NBA Playoffs - Round 1, (2)Nuggets vs. (7)Hornets (Nuggets win 4-1)

Quote Originally Posted by geerussell
    Chris Andersen might be the most ridiculous looking player in he nba.
    Wish we had him blocking shots like that. Instead we have Amir out there running around clueless.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I caaught the 4th quarter of this game. Wow...the Hornets look horrible. maybe because they were down to begin with, but this nuggets team just schooled the hornets. I can see the Hornets making trades...

btw billups is a huge reason why the nuggets are controlling this series. he's got the leadership and knows how to play in games that mean shit.

Blog Entries
    I think the failed Chandler trade might have just destroyed/demoralized this team. The fact that their financial trouble is so public also must not be helping. These guys all know that their team is going to be dismantled over the next few months.
    Find a new slant.

I imagine Chris Paul and David West are thinking about all the players management will trade away over the the next couple of years as they need to cut costs.

Chandler is likely wondering if Tay and him can talk about Compton shit all day long, or if Tay will be elsewhere by the time Chandler arrives.

Peja is probably wondering if he can go back to Europe and get Childress money, cause this NBA shit is too hard.

Mo Pete is likely wondering where Mateen is and why he never calls. Mo will decide that when his contract expires he will go serach for his old buddy and the 2 of them will "travel the world and have adventures" together.

The rest of the Hornets don't care about the team having to save money, cause all of them make next to nothing anyway and management will not be shipping them off any time soon
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

LOL

Hornets win by 2..i hope the nuggets win in 5..so we can get david west and tyson for maxiell and kwaame

I don't think they'd trade West or Paul.

If they keep those 2 they can add shitty role players around them every other off-season and hope to be a playoff contender. It'll be like the Utah Jazz with Stockton and Malone... without Sloan or Hornacek.

Chandler for Kwame should be a fucking lock - it makes sense for both teams and IIRC Joe was a bit of Tyson fan way back when.

Dealing Maxiell? Since he signed an extension isn't there restrictions for trading him? Isn't he one of those Poison Pills (I am not too well versed on the new CBA)?

yeah i wasn't being serious, just dreaming. maxiell is going to be hard to trade, but yea i forgot what it was exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh
    I don't think they'd trade West or Paul.

If they keep those 2 they can add shitty role players around them every other off-season and hope to be a playoff contender. It'll be like the Utah Jazz with Stockton and Malone... without Sloan or Hornacek.

Chandler for Kwame should be a fucking lock - it makes sense for both teams and IIRC Joe was a bit of Tyson fan way back when.

Dealing Maxiell? Since he signed an extension isn't there restrictions for trading him? Isn't he one of those Poison Pills (I am not too well versed on the new CBA)?
    Yeah, but doesn't poison pill just mean we have to take extra salary back for him? All it means is he's worth half his extension right now. And wouldn't he not be BYC next year when he's actually on the extension?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I thought you'd know all this CBA stuff Chris.

I'm not up to date on the new one like I was on the old one. I'll have to study it but with 2 kids and work I dont really have time to study basketball stuff.

I just come on here and type fuck a thousand times and then bail.

well, I'm not postitive on when he is no longer a BYC player. I would assume that tag goes away when he actually is on his extension but I don't know for sure.

Either way, all it means is we have to take additional salary back, which doesn't matter because we're likely trading him for a better/costlier player anyway.

+ Reply to Thread