+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: OST: 2008/09 NBA Playoffs - Round 1, (3) Spurs vs. (6) Mavs (Mavs win 4-1)

Blog Entries
    NEWSFLASH: Eric Dampier is not smart

SAN ANTONIO -- Erick Dampier, the Dallas Mavericks' 6-foot-11, 265-pound center, had a specific message for San Antonio Spurs guard Tony Parker after Monday's playoff game.

"Every time he drives the lane, we have to put him on his back," Dampier said, according to The Dallas Morning News. "The first foul has to tell him he's in for a long night."

Parker scored 38 points in San Antonio's 105-84 win over Dallas, evening their Western Conference first-round series at 1-1.

Six of Parker's 16 field goals came via the layup on Monday, including four in the first quarter alone.

"My first foul Thursday night is going to put him on his back," Dampier said. "I guarantee it."

Game 3 is Thursday night in Dallas.
    Find a new slant.

^ Those were the good old days.

Blog Entries
    Nothing like calling your shot to ensure that the refs don't watch you like a hawk.

Expect Parker to shoot 15+ FTs.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Penalty could come before Game 3

By Marc Stein
    ESPN.com

The NBA has commenced a review of Dallas Mavericks center Erick Dampier's postgame comments Monday in San Antonio that could result in an official penalty from the league office -- most likely in the form of a fine -- before Thursday's Game 3.

NBA spokesman Tim Frank confirmed Tuesday night that Dampier will be interviewed by league security officials about his statements after vowing to put San Antonio's Tony Parker "on his back" with his first foul in Game 3.

Parker shredded Dallas' defense for 38 points Monday night to spark San Antonio to a 105-84 triumph that evened the longstanding Texas rivals' first-round series at 1-1.

"Parker got into the teeth of our defense and caused problems," Dampier told The Dallas Morning News after the game. "Every time he drives the lane, we have to put him on his back. The first foul has to tell him he's in for a long night. My first foul Thursday night is going to put him on his back. I guarantee it."

Even if the 6-11, 265-pound center avoids further sanction from the league for his "guarantee," Dampier has potentially compromised the Mavericks' efforts to contain Parker and Tim Duncan, almost certainly inviting closer scrutiny from the referees who will be working Thursday night when the series shifts to Dallas. Dampier's strong play in Game 1 (10 points, 11 rebounds) against Duncan helped the Mavericks steal the series opener on the road.

Six of Parker's 16 baskets Monday were layups, including four alone in a 19-point first quarter.

Both teams used Tuesday as an off day from the practice court as well as the media. Spurs officials declined ESPN.com's request for a reaction to Dampier's statements and neither Mavericks owner Mark Cuban nor Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle could be immediately reached for comment.
    Find a new slant.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I LOVE the fact he's gonna smash Parker.

But like The Rock used to say "Don't sing it, bring it."
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Did any of you hear that question to Pop at the post game presser? Holy shit, sounded like something I might ask. WTF?

Didn't hear it, didn't see it.

The question was...

"Champ, Champ. Tell me about your fiery Francofile. The Parisian torpedo, Tony Parker, Can he continue to be your main butter and egg man and still crunk the boys from big D?"

LMAO

+ Reply to Thread