+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: OST: 2008/09 NBA Playoffs - Rd 1 (2) Celtics vs. (7) Bulls (Celtics win 4-3)

Blog Entries
    Powe blew out his ACL, he's DONE.

The Celtic excuse machine is in overdrive.

On a serious note though, these first two games have been fantastic, if you haven't seen them, you've done yourself a disservice.

GO BULLS
    Find a new slant.

I hope the Bulls do win the series.

Maybe they can give these playoffs a jolt of excitement because other than them the whole deal is as boring as batshit to me.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Blog Entries
    So the Celtics are down to 3 bigs.

I wonder if they've placed a call to PJ Brown yet?

Could he still be added to the playoff roster?
    Find a new slant.

Where's Soup these days?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gl'enn
    So the Celtics are down to 3 bigs.

I wonder if they've placed a call to PJ Brown yet?

Could he still be added to the playoff roster?
    It probably doesn't matter much defensively against Chicago. Their big men:

Miller - mid range shooting center
    Noah - F/C, not much on offense
    Tyrus Thomas - more of a forward
    Tim Thomas - Jump shooting forward

If the Celtics bigs get in foul trouble it will come back to bite them, but otherwise they'll probably be OK against Chicago at least defensively. The biggest thing they miss is KG's offense.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    According to the Chicago Tribune, after Allen's shot Tyrus Thomas attempted a desperation 60-footer because coach Vinny Del Negro had burned the Bulls' final timeout with 20.1 seconds left and the Bulls trailing 115-113.

"People are going to second-guess and first-guess," Del Negro said. "So what? I don't care. I'm the coach. I will make the decisions. That's the way it is."
    I like this guy.
    Find a new slant.

Yeah, imagine having a decisive coach...

I don't know that you can knock him (didn't see the game but I'm looking at the play by play).

He called the timeout trailing with 20 seconds left. it worked and they tied the game. then Boston called a time out to set up a game winning play. Chicago put in their defensive players and had to play for overtime. Boston hit the game winner. What else could Del Negro do? Not use the time out at 20 seconds? What happens if the don't tie the game? Then you have an unused time out and you lose. I'd rather use all means at my disposal to win. it's not his fault his team couldn't stop the game winner. You have to have faith they will.

Who wrote that shit? Marriotti?
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Mariotti was banished in Chicago, he writes for AOL or some shit like that now.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread