View Poll Results: 2008/09 NBA Playoffs - Round 1, (1) Cleveland vs. (8) Detroit

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cleveland in 4

8 47.06%
  • Cleveland in 5

5 29.41%
  • Cleveland in 6

2 11.76%
  • Cleveland in 7

1 5.88%
  • Detroit in 4

0 0%
  • Detroit in 5

0 0%
  • Detroit in 6

0 0%
  • Detroit in 7

1 5.88%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: OST: 2008/09 NBA Playoffs - Rd 1 (1)Cleveland vs. (8)Detroit (Cavs sweep 4-0)

Blog Entries
    I was just going to post "I wonder who is going to be the first to pick Detroit just so they can say 'I told you so' if the impossible happens?"
    Find a new slant.

I was given free tickets to the first home game because of my season package. At this point, I'm debating even going. I don't feel like watching another Cavs blowout with LeBron doing some sort of pregame skit where he jacks off on the rest of his team.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    Saturday 3 pm
    Find a new slant.

Did we lose game 1 yet?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    LeBron doing some sort of pregame skit where he jacks off on the rest of his team.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantBell
    Actually he gets a rim job from each teammate while Boobie is sucking him off.

Blog Entries
    ^

wonderful
    Find a new slant.

Pistons in 6!

We have a chance as Varejao has been temporarily suspended by Management after he was caught blowing Lebron James and Daniel Gibson.

Is there a schedule to be posted yet?

And GB, they'd give him a bonus, not suspend him.
    _

Blog Entries
    Iverson on postseason roster, won't play

By Marc Stein
    ESPN.com

Allen Iverson's name will appear on the Detroit Pistons' playoff roster ... but that's only because league rules mandate Iverson's inclusion.

The NBA requires the 16 playoff teams to submit a roster including no less than 13 players by 3 p.m. Thursday. The Pistons must add Iverson because they only have 13 players under contract, two short of the league's permitted roster maximum of 15 players.

But Pistons president Joe Dumars reiterated Wednesday via e-mail that Iverson's leave from the team -- granted on April 3 after Dumars and Iverson met to address the 33-year-old's increasing frustration with a reserve role -- will remain in effect for the duration of Detroit's stay in the playoffs. Iverson becomes a free agent July 1 and is not expected back in Detroit.

The Pistons, seeded eighth in the East, meet the 66-win Cleveland Cavaliers in the first round. Teams are required to name 12 active players per game from the playoff roster, meaning that Iverson will be listed as Detroit's lone inactive player in every game after leaving the team last week.

Iverson missed 16 games between Feb. 27 and March 28 after complaining about back pain. He returned for three games starting March 29 but averaged just 7.7 points in 18.7 minutes off the Pistons' bench. He responded to an April 1 loss at New Jersey by telling reporters that he'd "rather retire before I do this again."

"I can't be effective playing this way," Iverson said that night. "I'm not used to it. It's tough for me both mentally and physically."

Iverson wound up averaging just 17.4 points in 54 games for the Pistons after his trade from Denver a week into the season, marking the first time in Iverson's 13-season career that he failed to score in the 20s.

The Pistons, though, traded Iverson more for his $20.8 million expiring contract and the minutes second-year guard Rodney Stuckey inherited from the outgoing Chauncey Billups than his ability to help Detroit remain among the East/s elite, although Dumars was initially hopeful that the gamble could work for a season after coveting Iverson for years and nearly acquiring him from Philadelphia in 2000.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    If/When we win it all, does Iverson get a ring?

Something to chew on...

+ Reply to Thread