View Poll Results: 2008/09 NBA Playoffs - Round 1, (1) Cleveland vs. (8) Detroit

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cleveland in 4

8 47.06%
  • Cleveland in 5

5 29.41%
  • Cleveland in 6

2 11.76%
  • Cleveland in 7

1 5.88%
  • Detroit in 4

0 0%
  • Detroit in 5

0 0%
  • Detroit in 6

0 0%
  • Detroit in 7

1 5.88%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16
FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: OST: 2008/09 NBA Playoffs - Rd 1 (1)Cleveland vs. (8)Detroit (Cavs sweep 4-0)

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Sadly enough... I don't think the Cavs missing their top 8 players could turn this series.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    ...and while the Cavs were gangbanging, the Pistons were limp-dicked.

Blog Entries
    Between the third and fourth quarters, an altercation led to one fan landing the hardest punch at The Palace since the infamous 2004 brawl in which the Indiana Pacers tussled with the Pistons and their fans. James and the Cavs were talking about the fight after the game.
    Detroit has advanced to at least the Eastern Conference finals the previous six seasons -- the longest such streak in the NBA since the Los Angeles Lakers' run two decades ago -- but now it's an eighth-seeded team with virtually no chance to survive the first round.

"This is killing me," Richard Hamilton said. "I can't even lie."

Curry said before the game the Pistons needed both Rasheed Wallace and Tayshaun Prince to play well to have a chance to win, and neither did.

The 34-year-old Wallace scored just five points, looking past his prime, banged up and uninterested. Prince scored seven points in the first quarter and was held scoreless the rest of the game, laboring with a sore back.

"Tay is not going to say anything about his back," Curry said. "But I could tell as the game went on he wasn't moving as well."

Hamilton had 15 points, eight rebounds and six assists, while Rodney Stuckey contributed 12 points and five assists.

Antonio McDyess, who had eight points and eight rebounds, lamented the fact that his team went through the motions when it lost the first two games of the series on the road by an average of 15 points.

Wallace and McDyess declined comment after the game
    Find a new slant.

And again Tay is a non-factor offensively.

It's great that his D is good and all but if the guy can't score 10 fucking points he's useless.

In the league today you need scoring from every position. We get it from 2 guys if we're lucky. It's no wonder many here (myself included) wanted us to miss the playoffs.

Missing the playoffs would have likely seen Curry fired (it's still likely, but if we missed the post-season I would imagine his cahces of returning would be very slim).

Missing the playoffs would have prevented us from seeing this weak Cav team rip us apart.

Missing the playoffs would have made us care about the Lottery!

Now, Curry might be back, we have to witness our team get fucked royally by the Cavs and we don't care about the Lottery!

What a shitty way to start an off-season that was supposed to be full of hope.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    Tay has been hurt, thats an excuse...but if Tay can't use his postup moves, and obvisiously he can't vs Bron, he's bascially just another guy who can knock down an open jumper on the perimeter from time to time, thats it...
    i agree its time to move Tay!
    but i disagree about missing the playoffs part, i think Currys chances to come back are slimmer right now after the Cavs manhandeld the Pistons, and sweep them on sunday

Blog Entries
    Hopefully tomorrow is the last game for Rasheed as a Piston.

Thanks for the ring, but it's time for you to go now.
    Find a new slant.

IF we missed the playoffs Joe would have had a ready made excuse to dump Curry - "Missing the playoffs is unacceptable".

So what does Joe say now that we made it?

Tay was injured, Iverson was "injured", Cleveland was on fire etc. I can hear him now, "We did our best in difficult circumstances".

Fuck that shit.

Fire Curry, trade Tay, spend, spend, spend.

Surely we could get a reasonable SF for less than $6 million?
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    I'm pretty convinced that Rip is the only dude worth keeping. Well...him and Will. 90% of this team is overvalued, and that's an incredibly sad statistic.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I don't think Dice is overvalued. He performs splendidly for the vet's minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh
    Fire Curry, trade Tay, spend, spend, spend.

Surely we could get a reasonable SF for less than $6 million?
    How do you get an upgrade at that position spending less than $6 million?

+ Reply to Thread