+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Be Da Man

Be Da Man

Grandpa's not too bothered by the this years version... the laws of competition dictate a downward trend... get over it n move on.

I'm not banking on anything substantial in this years draft... not enough quality bigs to address our primary needs.

2009 FA-ency doesn't appear to be a winfall either.... IMO overpaying for Booze would be a long term setback (Milsap is a better salary investment)...
    There could be some underrated kids like Milsap, Marvin Williams etc (Lee=overrated when considering defensive coverage)... this year is a one time chance to land our future 5 man... whatever it takes.... indeed slim pickens.

I'm sure there's a thread out there talkin' about this stuff (don't go pullin' no realgm lock BS)... this is more about finding the sleeper or making creative moves... unlike mainstream logic.

S&T Max & our own 2nd for Milsap (net -2mil)... incase Booze opts in

Artest... UFA (5m first year)...Tay becomes our sg/sf super sub @ 30+ minutes... Much needed physicality vs Bron & Pierce... (good guys suck hind titty).

Our 1st (shit draft) + Amir for Kaman

Sheed... FU see ya

A.I... FU, enjoy the parties

S&T Sheed (just above the MLE to avoid competition) & Minny 2nd (shit draft) for Tyrus Thomas & Roberson (filler)

C- Kaman, Thomas
    PF- Milsap, Thomas, Sleepy
    SF- Artest, Tay, Aflac, Sleepy
    SG- Rip, Tay, Afflalo
    PG- Stuckey, Bynum, Roberson (Sagtukey)

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    assuming Kwame doesnt opt out, and the cap will go down some...we've got 18 mil in cap space, renounce rights to AI and Sheed

#1: hire new coach, why not give Laimbeer a try?

#2: do everthing you can to get Chris Bosh...Tay+Amir+1st round pick (-1 mil cap)

#3: try to get Brandon Haywood for 2nd round pick(i m sure Washington won't trade 1st pick and i guess they don't want to pay luxtax for that crappy team) (- 6 mil)

#4: 11 mil cap space left, get a SF for 6-7 mil: Marvin, Childress,Ariza, Marion in this order

#5: resign Dice for 3 years, starting @ what left 4-5 mil

#6: i doubt someone takes on Maxiell and his contract, but if we could trade him for someone like Garcia that would be great

#7: sign some minimum guys to fill out the roster

Haywood/Kwame/Samb
    Bosh/Dice/Skinner
    Marvin/Garcia/Sharpe
    Rip/Afflalo/Acker
    Stuck/Bynum/Head
    Last edited by Joe Asberry; 04-05-2009 at 06:58 AM.

Blog Entries
    Post #1 has all the appearances of a drunken night of Pistonsfan misery.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gl'enn
    Post #1 has all the appearances of a drunken night of Pistonsfan misery.
    Thanks for the relevant insights.
    Looking for creative plans... possibly parrallel moves to upgrade our lack of quality bigs.
    Joe's said the plan is to build assets for the right opportunity... this could include acquiring a position where we already have strength (ie SG or SF) to move one of our skilled players to get a post threat.

Joe A, that's a pretty good plan... you had me 'til we wound up with Haywood as our starting 5... he'd be a solid backup (tremendous wingspan)... Bosh would definately cover some of his deficiencies.
    IMO, Toronto burned out Bosh's legs trying to make him a center out of college (listed at 218lbs at the time).

The MC thing might've worked if they paired him with an experienced talking head.

+ Reply to Thread