+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Linebackers

Linebackers

Mayock was commentatin on the 3 USC LBs at USC's pro day.

He said Clay Mathews looked as fluid as a Safety today. He said he had great hip swivel, speed, etc. 4.57 40

Cushing's hips seemed a lil tight, but still a really good workout. Caught the ball well. 4.63 40 but Cush is 249. He thinks Cush is a sure 1st rounder also.

Mayock said Rey has to be inside. 4.70 40. But he's wondering if he's a 1st rounder cuz he might not be a 3 down guy.

Both Mathews and Cush played outside and had to cover the flats and rush the passer, so Mayock likes those 2 as 1st rounders.
    Players meeting my ASS!

So at 20 if Oher isn't there, or Beatty is rated as a starter by the Lions, we could take Mathews or Cush and take Beatty at 33.

Looks like 3 starters to me...eventual starters in Stafford, Cush or Mathews and Beatty.

Just some random fuckin thoughts.
    Players meeting my ASS!

nope. both those guys are OLBs. I'd rather get LT or DT at #20 and take James L with 33. That's better than playing a OLB out of position (haven't we done that enough lately?).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Yeah, there are really no point in taking any of those OLB's (Cushing, Mathews, etc) unless we are in a 3-4 (Cushing would probably do well as a 3-4 ILB).

How many LB's have we shifted around lately?

Dizon, Lewis, Lennon, Bailey, Lehman, Curry, Davis

The only guy that hasn't moved in the last 5 years is Sims.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    nope. both those guys are OLBs. I'd rather get LT or DT at #20 and take James L with 33. That's better than playing a OLB out of position (haven't we done that enough lately?).
    Yea, y'all are right. I already have the 3-4 in my head. I hope we switch to it.
    Players meeting my ASS!

BTW, I really can't see the Lions taking Curry. As good as he may be, can they really sink that much money into LB with Peterson and Sims making big money too?

I think they need to get their MLB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

If it's not Stafford it will be Smith IMO.

Peterson will likely be around for 2 or 3 more years, max. I see Curry as a very legitimate possibility if (and only if) we trade for Cutler.

So Rey ran a 4.7 yesterday but he killed those 2 cone drills they do. So he is quicker than fast. Reading stuff on him, says he will deliver the blow. Sounds like an inside guy for sure.

Can he play the middle for us in 3rd down situations?
    Players meeting my ASS!

If we draft Maualuga, who is projected to be an effective 2 down guy and a questionable 3 down guy, I could see is putting in Dizon on a lot of 3rd down/long situations.

+ Reply to Thread