+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NBDL Playoffs

NBDL Playoffs

http://www.nba.com/dleague/news/2009_playoffs_101.html

2009 NBA D-League Playoff Qualifiers (as of April 1, 2009)
    Division Leaders, In Order of Opponent Selection: Colorado 14ers (Southwest Division, best overall record), Utah Flash (West Division), Iowa Energy (Central Division)
    Wild-Card Teams: 1. Idaho Stampede 2. Austin Toros 3. Dakota Wizards 4. Bakersfield Jam 5. Albuquerque Thunderbirds
    Last Team Left Out: Erie BayHawks
    Clinched Playoff Berth: Colorado
    Eliminated From Playoffs: Fort Wayne, Los Angeles, Anaheim, Tulsa

The Opening Rounds/Tie-Breaker Info
    This year's D-League playoffs will consist of three rounds, with the first two rounds both consisting of single-elimination games.
    - The three division winners and five wild-card teams with the best remaining records (a total of eight teams) will qualify for the playoffs.
    - Tie breakers are in order, head-to-head record, winning percentage against teams with .500 or better record at end of season, and point differential.
    - The three division winners, in order of best winning percentage, will choose their opponents from among the five remaining teams that qualify for the playoffs. The two remaining teams that are not chosen will play each other in a first-round game.
    - The winners of the second round games will play a best-of-three game series in the D-League Finals.

NBA D-League Finals
    This year's NBA D-League Finals will consist of a best-of-three series. The team with the higher seed will host the second and third game, if necessary. Last season the Idaho Stampede defeated the Austin Toros by a 2-1 margin to win the 2007-08 NBA D-League title.

Very interesting experiment that the NBA is trying here. The whole concept of picking which team you want to play basically devalues each team's rank in the division unless you have the best record.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    This sounds familiar for some reason...

http://wtfdetroit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9306

dude I hope you recovered from that foot in mouth disease. I hear that can be rough.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    It's when both feet fight for limited space in my mouth that things get rough.

I think the NBA should treat it's NBDL more like the MLB does it.
    Hype?

+ Reply to Thread