+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: TIGERS RELEASE SHEFFIELD - Mets to sign him

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    This place was a giant love fest that year the Tigers went to the World Series. Let's not pretend like we just like to bag on people. DD has been shit the last two years making terrible moves all over the place, trading away the small amount of good arm talent for terribly over-priced hitters none of whom can play the field and half of whom can't hit the ball without breaking their shoulders anymore.
    You're right, but once things go a little south, people love to start bashing right away. I'm guilty of getting annoyed with certain moves made by some of our GMs, but I think a lot of us miss the big picture a lot of the time. DD made some poor decisions in the last couple of years, but don't forget all the the good decisions he has made as well. Some poor decisions don't mean you ingore all of the good ones. The Tigers were the laughing stock of Major League Baseball for 15 years and he's changed that mentality around. Last year was awful, but hopefully he can get things back on the right track this year. And I wouldn't even say last year was all of his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    How long until we hear the name 'Barry Bonds'?

Blog Entries
    Dombrowski & Leyland are two of the best things that has happened to this town, baseball wise, in my entire lifetime (1988).

After growing up watching so many other guys fail (Phil Garner, Luis Pujols, Alan Trammell, Buddy Bell...etc) and of course Randy Smith, I'm not about to let a few bad moves turn sour my opinions of these guys.

I said this in another thread, but this opens up space for Guillen and Ordonez to get some DH time as well. Anderson can step in for them and play the outfield, Thames likely isn't going to get much outfield time because of his defense. This can save some wear and tear on our big bats roaming the outfield, and get them into the lineup on days they'd normally be getting rest.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    Dombrowski & Leyland are two of the best things that has happened to this town, baseball wise, in my entire lifetime (1988).

After growing up watching so many other guys fail (Phil Garner, Luis Pujols, Alan Trammell, Buddy Bell...etc) and of course Randy Smith, I'm not about to let a few bad moves turn sour my opinions of these guys.

That's all Illich and $. Sorry to ruin your dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    You're not sorry.
    Yeah, I'd punch the kid in his crank if I saw him, but it makes me seem like a nicer internet guy to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    All interesting points, Wil. But you should realize that most people at WTF don't like to look at the positive things that GMs, coaches and players do. Why do you think the NHL forum is so empty?
    If I got the games, I'd be in there to harass as many peeps as possible.
    Players meeting my ASS!

I like the move, but Thames better produce.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    How long until we hear the name 'Barry Bonds'?
    It's possible, with the Leyland connection.

I wouldn't mind it at all, but do DD and Leyland want to risk their future on him?

The steroid issue/stigma has somewhat been diffused while he's been "away".
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread