+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanley Cup Playoff Matchups and Discussion

Anaheim, St. Louis and Nashville are all tied with 88 points. Even though St. Louis is hot right now, I would much rather face them than the other teams. I do not, under any circumstances, want to face the Ducks. I sense first round upset if the Wings draw them. I also think the Ducks could beat the Sharks.

The Central is by far the best division in hockey - if Anaheim falters, every single Central team will make the playoffs. That's insane.

The East looks pretty weak again. Boston and the Caps are the only teams that might have a chance of winning the Cup from the East, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    2 days til playoffs.
    Did you post that today, Mo? So playoffs start on Sunday? Lookin forward to it.
    Players meeting my ASS!

BTW...Anyone who faces the Wings is going to go up against a

Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    The East looks pretty weak again. Boston and the Caps are the only teams that might have a chance of winning the Cup from the East, IMO.
    Don't you almost get the feeling that in the East, with almost every team including the Bruins being just a bit overrated, New Jersey or the Rangers or Carolina or one of the not as big teams could get hot and run the table there?

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    Did you post that today, Mo? So playoffs start on Sunday? Lookin forward to it.
    I must have missed where I typed that. The regular season ends Sunday (tomorrow). The playoffs will begin on Wednesday or Thursday.

DE - I can see any team coming out of the East. It's very wide open. Even Montreal was supposed to be the top team in the East, but they blew it this year. So I wouldn't be surprised if they upset Boston in the first round.

Also, how hilarious is it that Avery just destroyed Dallas in the six games he was there to the point where Dallas didn't even come close to making the playoffs.

MoTown is right.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitexport
    Don't you almost get the feeling that in the East, with almost every team including the Bruins being just a bit overrated, New Jersey or the Rangers or Carolina or one of the not as big teams could get hot and run the table there?
    Not only do I get the feeling, but I expect it.
    _

It's Official Wings to play Blue Jackets in the first round.

I'm torn as to how I feel about this - Anaheim is not what they used to be, but they still have JSG. And Columbus is young and inexperienced, but they have possibly the best goalie in the league.

MoTown is right.

I think that sums it up. Other than their goalie, I love this matchup for the Wings. Well the goalie and the fact that we're sliding into the playoffs and they have nothing to lose.

But I like the minimal travel and the fact that the Wings can take care of business against this team. I also feel that the Wings, if they play their game, might just have one of the easier draws in the West.

Blog Entries
    I bet the Blue Jackets give us some minor problems like Nashville gave us last year.

Dan Ellis 2008 = Steve Mason 2009

Wings in 6

+ Reply to Thread