+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: UM hoops 2009-2010

As for replacing Lee's leadership - you're right. It's important. It's wrong to simply assume someone will step up and do that, but it's safe to think someone might. I expect Beilein will try to place that responsibility on someone, and while he can't work with players between April and September, or something like that, he'll surely get some reports on who is doing what and seeing if a leader emerges. Don't sleep on Stu at least trying to step it up in that regard.

As for Manny, I think there are some other guys in the Big Ten that will be more coveted. Given Manny's size, I imagine anyone looking to draft him early would be turned off by how easily he can, at times, be taken out of a game by the opposing defense and should certainly be turned off by his turnovers.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Blog Entries
    I think we're overvaluing C.J. Lee a little bit here guys. Yeah, he did the intangiable things that made fans like us proud and what not, but the guy is easily replacable as far as a basketball player.

I don't expect MSU to have much problems despite losing Travis Walton, who is arguably their "CJ Lee".

CJ Lee was a good leader who could occasionally hit the open three. That's it. He really had no skills except his quick hands. Michigan will miss his leadership, but that's it. Every player that B-Line recruits from now on will be more skilled than CJ Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    well, call me an optimist.

my lone concern is losing lee. hes a marginal talent, but this team really turned a corner when he was insterted in with the starters. losing him is potentially a big blow. but hopefully morris's talent trumps lee's experience. and OG will be an upperclassman, so maybe its a new ballgame for him.

simm's game has skyrocketted under beiliene, and i see no reason why next year he wont take anotherr step forward.

if the team that ended the year played the whole year, we might have won afew more big ten games. split wisky, beat iowa on road. that alone should be worth a couple more wins.

heres the wild card. manny is an nba prospect. there may even be a crazy gm out there who would use a first on him RIGHT NOW. if hes not planning on improving his game this summer, he should go pro, because having the same year 2 years in a row will kill your draft stock. if manny has last year's season next year hes borderline 2nd round or undrafted. im not predicting what he'll do, but he has a whole lot of incentive to come back and kick ass, imo.

i love the beiliene system. i think we got a really tough draw in the second round, and with a little better luck could have made the sweet 16 THIS year. next year the expectation should be second weekend.
    You're an "optimist", eh?

One or two more wins? "Tough Draw" against Oklahoma (that's what ten seeds tend to get in the tournament: tough draws. It's the GODAMM NCAA GODDAMM TOURNAMENT GODDAMMIT!)

If Manny Harris is your "wild card"--then ya got problems. He's the best player on the team. If you don't know what he'll bring to the table, uh oh, could be trouble.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Manny has continually improved throughout both seasons. I fully expect that trend to continue next year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    You're an "optimist", eh?

One or two more wins? "Tough Draw" against Oklahoma (that's what ten seeds tend to get in the tournament: tough draws. It's the GODAMM NCAA GODDAMM TOURNAMENT GODDAMMIT!)

If Manny Harris is your "wild card"--then ya got problems. He's the best player on the team. If you don't know what he'll bring to the table, uh oh, could be trouble.
    manny has a weird persona. very enigmatic. i bet his real interests are modern art finger painting and 17th century colonial achitecture. you know, the stuff bukdow lies about being interested in.

hes definitly not the michael jordan type A personality. i bet if nba players made 40k a year and worked 9/5 like everyone else, i bet he would not going in that direction.

he should take steroids. that would fix everything.

Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    manny has a weird persona. very enigmatic. i bet his real interests are modern art finger painting and 17th century colonial achitecture. you know, the stuff bukdow lies about being interested in.

hes definitly not the michael jordan type A personality. i bet if nba players made 40k a year and worked 9/5 like everyone else, i bet he would not going in that direction.

he should take steroids. that would fix everything.
    You, nor Harris, know what the terms "persona" and "enigmatic" mean.
    www.university.com

Quote Originally Posted by bukdow
    You, nor Harris, know what the terms "persona" and "enigmatic" mean.
    This is an ENIGMATIC, you fucktard.

Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Looks like Rivals has them #18 in their pre- preseason rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    Looks like Rivals has them #18 in their pre- preseason rankings.
    Andy Katz actually has them #11, assuming Sims and Harris stay. They should, and apparently they sit down with Beilein this week to talk about it. Sounds like they've decided to either both go or both stay, and both said "if [they] had to decide today they would stay".

+ Reply to Thread