+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: OGT: Michigan Vs Oklahoma 5:00 EDT Sat

OGT: Michigan Vs Oklahoma 5:00 EDT Sat

Here it is.

Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

I'm going to enjoy this one cuz I don't expect us to win. But would love it if we do.

I'm going to sit back and enjoy this one.
    Players meeting my ASS!

I'm with ya Tahoe. Oklahoma tailed off a bit at the end of the season. Griffin suffered a concussion, and now it appears he has a "sore back" and won't practice today.
    Holy shit, if Griffin is out for this game, Oklahoma will win by 200. Whenever the opponent loses an integral part of their team, UM nuts up. Griffin, heal thyself!
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

In my brackets I picked Oklahoma to win this one. UM has had trouble with bigs all year long, and you don't get much bigger than Blake Griffin. Just ask Texas Tech. Griff only missed 6 shots while rolling up 40 pts and grabbing 23 rebounds. But they also aren't a one-headed monster. Willie Warren brings some size of his own to the guard spot at 6'4" and went off for 35 against Arkansas earlier in the year. Their remaining starters are 6'3", 6'6", and 6'7".

I just see this one potentially going badly. Against Illinois in the Big Ten tourney they were focused on keeping Tisdale out of it, only to see Mike Davis use his size and destroy UM in the first half.

A number of national people are picking UM here, but I don't see it. They would have to hit well over 50% to make it happen.

They kept Clemson to a much lower score than what Clemson is used to, but Oklahoma is so good in transition.

I'm calling it Oklahoma 68, Michigan 53.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

right, because I would neeeeeeeeeeeever root for an injury, im definitly way above that....

if griffin is healthy ill just enjoy the game stress free. i cant expect them to beat that. at this point im satisfied with the season. of course, if we do beat ok, i would like our chances vs cuse...

Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    right, because I would neeeeeeeeeeeever root for an injury, im definitly way above that....

if griffin is healthy ill just enjoy the game stress free. i cant expect them to beat that. at this point im satisfied with the season. of course, if we do beat ok, i would like our chances vs cuse...
    I'm generally a "win a championship or else it was an unsuccessful season" kind of guy, but at the same time I at least get some enjoyment out of exceeding expectations. In football, I think the expectations should always be high. Hopefully we're on the verge of that with basketball.

For now, most national writers thought UM was still a year away from the tourney. Considering that, even with a loss, UM ended up no worse than 1 win away from the Sweet Sixteen - I can agree that I'm satisfied with the season.

I said before that I wasn't exactly sure how much of a difference just making the tourney would have in recruiting. I think, however, that winning the first round game and having national people talking about you having a good chance to beat a #2 seed and being the team nobody wants to play, now THAT makes a difference in recruiting. Beilein should have a much easier sales pitch now. Most improtantly, I think more instate kids will be considering UM, with all the publicity about how two Detroit kids recruited by someone else are excelling in Beilein's system.

I have ADD when it comes to listening to the talking heads. I just go blank on those guys, but they(CBS analysts up the dial a piece) said, There is no more frustrating team to play than BLines Wolverines.

WTF are they talking about there? That we hit the 3s? I'm not following
    Players meeting my ASS!

Defense.

People aren't used to the 1-3-1 defense. They (unlike Big Ten teams) don't have time to prepare for it and even if they do, Beilein know X's and O's well enough to throw them the occasional man-to-man or 2-3 to completely screw with the other teams' heads.
    I'm sure the outside shooting that can make for a lot of points in a hurry (if the shots are falling) is a part of it, but mostly they're referring to the 1-3-1.

griffin is going to blow through the 1-3-1 like a freight train. i think hes the most impressive college recruit since carmello.

I think he's got a chance to be anywhere from A. Jamison to E. Brand as an NBA player.

+ Reply to Thread