+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 72
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 NBA Draft

With the way our scouts handle the Draft I could see us trading all our picks

No point having them if we don't know how to use them.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

You're being unfair, P. We have really only messed up on lotto picks (few and far between).

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    DrRay11, remember that, if we drafted a dud at #37, and #38 turns out to be an All-Star, Pharaoh turns into a a mushroom-cloud-layin' motherfucker. His icon shoots people who have the best intentions.

Damn straight I'll complain.

IMO our debate (Mxy) comes down to what you believe is the #1 factor in player development. Either the team is responsible for the player improving or the player is responsible for improving.

IMO the #1 thing is the player's individual drive to succeed/adjust to the NBA.

Kobe Bryant wasn't the best player in the Draft the year he came out of High School - dude worked his ass off to be this fucking good. I doubt that if he spent all these years in Charlotte he'd be a vastly different player - he just has that animalistic drive to succeed.

Kevin Garnett spent all those fucked up years in Minnesota - wasn't close to being the best guy that Draft at the time. Looking back on it now he was drafted too low at #5 because he had that drive to succeed. Yeah, he had McHale and other people helping him - but every player has people helping him.

Why don't we draft fuckers with that animalistic drive? Maxiell has the potential to fucking destroy people in the NBA - but he doesn't. He has not improved much since we drafted him. Amir? WTF happened to his potential? I thought he'd put it all together this season, but he seems to have stalled. Darko? Delfino?

All lotto picks, right? Um, no - Joe and his scouts fuck up picks all through the Draft, it doesn't matter what number they pick at.

All I wanna see are the Pistons drafting people who wanna wreck shop in the NBA. They come in and fucking OWN! If you're a big then smash people. If you're a shooter then shoot 1000 jump shots every fucking day until you are Larry Bird-like. If you're a slasher then work on your handle...

If you're a PG then we're fucked because I believe the only way to improve as a PG is to actually play as many games as you can so you have experience in game situations. You can't practice how the D will react. You can go through the motions, but going through the motions and doing it at real speed are 2 totally different things.

anyway, I'm rambling again so I'm done
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Blog Entries
    Kathy (Coldwater, Mich.): Who do you think would have a good inside presence that would be available in free agency or the draft that Joe Dumars might be interested in?

Langlois: Boozer will be the best of the free agents. It’s not very likely the Pistons would get any immediate help in the draft, but two players who could be available when they pick are DeJuan Blair of Pittsburgh and B.J. Mullens of Ohio State. Blair is more ready to play, while Mullens is bigger and might have a higher ceiling – and a lower floor.
    Ugh.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh
    Damn straight I'll complain.

IMO our debate (Mxy) comes down to what you believe is the #1 factor in player development. Either the team is responsible for the player improving or the player is responsible for improving.

IMO the #1 thing is the player's individual drive to succeed/adjust to the NBA.

Kobe Bryant wasn't the best player in the Draft the year he came out of High School - dude worked his ass off to be this fucking good. I doubt that if he spent all these years in Charlotte he'd be a vastly different player - he just has that animalistic drive to succeed.

Kevin Garnett spent all those fucked up years in Minnesota - wasn't close to being the best guy that Draft at the time. Looking back on it now he was drafted too low at #5 because he had that drive to succeed. Yeah, he had McHale and other people helping him - but every player has people helping him.
    Not all people are created equally. Chauncey Billups had a lot of good people helping him -- Pitino, D'Antoni, Flip, Prick -- but it took some time and some LB for him to get really good in this league. Not everyone can have a pro baller for a dad like Kobe did. Especially when you're drafting outside of that top 10 or so, you're drafting players with flaws in their game that they may not be able to fix all by themselves. Their talents may have been obscured by coaching situations that weren't so hot.

Pitino helped him quickly move to another team after picking him at #3.

Blog Entries
    So we're locked in at #15. We probably moved up a spot or two by losing to the Bulls last night, so there's your silver lining.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    re #69, not so fast, my friend

Report: Syracuse guard Flynn to sign with agent

by FOXSports.com
    Updated: April 14, 2009, 10:08 AM EST

Syracuse point guard Jonny Flynn will sign with an agent, a newspaper reported Monday.

Flynn, a 6-foot sophomore, said last week that he planned to enter his name in the NBA draft but had not yet hired an agent. However, The Post-Standard in Syracuse reported Flynn is expected to sign with Leon Rose, the agent for NBA star LeBron James.

Attempts to reach Flynn, his family and Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim were unsuccessful.

Flynn averaged 17.4 points and 6.7 assists per game as a sophomore. He set a school record by playing 1,418 minutes in the just-concluded season.

If he does not sign with an agent, Flynn would retain the ability to remove his name from the draft by June 15.

Syracuse juniors Eric Devendorf and Paul Harris previously had said they will also enter the draft.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread