+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 72
FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 NBA Draft

i love the kid's heart and run-through-a-wall mentality. but there's no way i'd want to draft him with a 1st round pick regardless of where his stock says he should go.

he's a 2nd round talent with serious limitations on the court IMO. he can be a nice scrappy 10-12 minute guy but nothing more.

Please note:

Quote Originally Posted by Byron Scott
    "
    First of all, he is a power forward, he's a rugged, very intense, fierce competitor," Scott said. "He's a much better athlete than I think a lot of people give him credit for. He shoots the ball much better than people give him credit for. So I don't think it'll be a big-time transition period for him as far as adjustment to the NBA style. College is probably more physical than the NBA until you get to the playoffs. I don't think the adjustment is going to take that long"
    What a sad, sad day for the NBA.

College more physical?
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

the have pussified the nba game, no doubt. but he's still going to be facing players way stronger and more athletic than him. if he gets blocked all the time in college, i can only imagine how much that'll happen in the nba.

maybe he'll surprise me. but i see him as a 9th or 10th man with a very limited ceiling.

Oh, I don't think that today's game works in his favour.

He'd probably be better off if it was the good ol' days.

Personally I don't want us to Draft him at #15. He might have the highest bball IQ in the world, the most mental toughness, the most determination, the most heart and the drive to excel but from all reports his physical limitations will hold him back.

Kind of like Maxiell. I seriously believe that if Max was the most driven person on the team he'd still be nothing more than a role player. His assets just aren't cut out for serious minutes IMO.

Nothing wrong with that - such is life. I only despise Maxiell because we passed on better players that have the ability to start and have long productive careers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DX
    The medicals of various NBA draft prospects, including Missouri’s DeMarre Carroll, who may need a liver transplant in the near or long-term future, DeJuan Blair, whose knees and arthritic condition are a major concern to certain teams, and A.J. Price, who reportedly still has an aneurysm in an artery of his brain that could become a serious issue later in his career.
    Find a new slant.

nba draft net is saying that jrue holiday is a guy we're thinking long and hard about at #15.

i like the kid. a lot. but only as a PG, not as a 2 guard. he's got a bit of rajon rondo in him with more strength...

Higher - did you see where DX has him Drafted?

IIRC Top 6!

And that's some harsh shit for Blair, Price and Carroll. Here's hoping they make the league and have enough coin to do something/anything about those conditions.

yeah he does go in the top 10 in most mocks. i guess the thinking is that somebody has to slip with all the PGs bunched together.

he probably goes top 10 but you never know. i'm not holding my breath.

Oh, I just thought you might not have seen DX's Draft.

How on Earth are the 2 "premier" sites so far apart on players?

It boggles my mind.

well this draft is part of the reason why. there are a couple of guys that inspire WIDE ranging opinions from scouts/prognosticators.

there's never a consensus on all the players- beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say. but this year above most is a year where a number of players are very hard to get a read on. and that leads to some teams falling in love with a guy or at least rating him a good bit higher than other teams.

it's a pretty sucky draft overall and there could definitely be a lot of busts from this class. but there is definite potential in 20 or so guys who could potentially have pretty good careers. the real question is, how many of them will realize their potential and how many will fall by the wayside....?

+ Reply to Thread