+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 72
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 NBA Draft

Arizona's Baldinger F, or something just declared, if I saw that right.
    Players meeting my ASS!

^ Thats him.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Dejaun Blair Pit to kind of declare. He's doing the workouts but won't hire an agent so he can return to Pit if he isn't projected go as high as he wants...I guess.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Devendorf and Jonny Flynn are both testing the draft waters. Flynn won't get an agent, Devendorf might. I forget which mock draft it was, but in the mock the Pistons took Flynn at 15.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

That's NBAdraft.net, although they don't take into account team needs at this points. It's really just their overall rankings, placed next to the corresponding team by order.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    Any thoughts on Goran Suton from MSU? Obviously not in the lotto, but later on. He's got decent size (6'10" 245lbs) and he can really shoot. Hits 42% of his 3s, 51% from the floor, and 85% from the line. When I was watching the Elite 8 game, he just made solid touch passes, always seemed to know where his teammates were, and killed the other team if they left him open. Solid bench player for sure.
    Suton sounds like he could be a good fit for the Pistons after all.

Quote Originally Posted by DX
    As is always the case, the first day of the camp revolves more around who didn’t show up, rather than who did. Quite a few players decided to pull out once again this year, which is very surprising considering that they won’t have any other place to be seen now. There are definitely still a good bunch of NBA prospects here, but you have to wonder a bit about the decision making skills of some of the players that rejected the opportunity to improve their chances of making the NBA, especially in a year like this.
    If players are going to pull out, though, they should do it as early as possible so as not to waste everyone’s time and plenty of money. Goran Suton decided to pull out on the day of the camp at 3:30 in the afternoon, citing “fatigue.” Beyond the fact that he’s anything but a lock to be drafted and would probably benefit from the exposure of the dozens of European teams here in attendance more than anyone thanks to his Croatian passport—he could have handled this situation a lot better.

More here: http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...-Day-One-3170/
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Brad (West Bloomfield, Mich.): This summer the Pistons need to address an area they tried to address by acquiring Allen Iverson – someone who can put the ball in the basket. Steph Curry fits that description to a T. He’s a smart ballplayer and the best pure scorer in the draft and we have the pieces to pull a draft-day trade.

Langlois: I’m not sure they do have what it takes to pull a draft-day trade, Brad – not if you’re talking just about draft picks, at least. It’s also tough to say where Curry is going to land because there are reservations about his size and true position. Most seem to think he’ll go somewhere around 10. What would it take to get up from the late teens to 10? One thing that might give Joe Dumars pause about such a move is that the cap hold would be considerably greater for a pick in the top 10 – teams have to set aside enough money to satisfy the salary allotted based on draft position – and that would affect how much money he has available to him under the salary cap. In fact, it’s conceivable he’d be looking to trade out of the first round altogether to give him that much more money under the cap in order to sign a quality free agent and still have the wherewithal to make competitive bids on Rasheed Wallace and Antonio McDyess.
    What a great way to rebuild the team!
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    Devendorf and Jonny Flynn are both testing the draft waters. Flynn won't get an agent, Devendorf might. I forget which mock draft it was, but in the mock the Pistons took Flynn at 15.
    Quote Originally Posted by DX
    According to the same source, Jonny Flynn will pull his name out of the draft if he’s not firmly in the lottery by the time the deadline rolls around a week before the draft. If he’s “16, 17, 18, he’s definitely coming back to school.” Regarding why he initially wavered on that decision based on his comments during the NCAA tournament, Flynn reportedly didn’t realize that he was projected to be taken as high as he currently is, with most mock drafts having him between 20-30 at the time of the Big East tournament. Since he’s “hearing he could be a top-10 pick,” his situation has changed in turn. Despite rumors here in Portsmouth that he’s already selected his agent, he is apparently still only testing the waters.
    Find a new slant.

That's too bad. I like Flynn, but I'm not sure he would fit on the Pistons. I'm pretty sure Will Bynum is the future.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

+ Reply to Thread