+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 72
1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 NBA Draft

Blog Entries

2009 NBA Draft

I know that much will be dictated by both free agency and trades this summer, but since the NCAA Tournament is underway, I thought we could start discussing potential players that Joe might be looking at.

According to NBADraft.net's projections, it doesn't look like a very good year to be looking for a center, they only have 6 being drafted right now (since this is fluid, that's likely to change, of course).

http://www.nbadraft.net/2009mock_draft

Gotta think that Joe will go big, even if he acquires a vet big or two this summer, right?
    Find a new slant.

the strategy will depend largely on what kind of a pick we get.

If we can swindle a high lotto pick, we'll be looking for a big. If not, we'll probably be looking for a backup guard or wing.

Blog Entries
    In addition to our own two picks (#16 & #46 as of the last NBADraft.com update the other day), we also get Minnesota and Toronto's own 2nds (currently #36 & #38).

Find a new slant.

Gl'enn, do we get THEIR picks or a second round pick from them? There is a big difference...
    Destiny

Blog Entries
    Their own picks, in both cases.

source: RGM
    Find a new slant.

Tenuous source, but we will deal with it.

Those picks, especially in todays financial market, are GOLD. Hopefully Joe can trade those picks to move up into the first round and get a guy he likes.
    Destiny

it is very hard to package picks and move into a spot of value in the nba draft. if it was the nfl, it would be easy. but since the value of later picks falls off SIGNIFICANTLY, you will have a hard time packaging picks to get a high lotto pick, for example.

that being said, even with a lotto pick, this year's draft is EXTREMELY weak IMO and i don't see too many difference makers.

The only reason for the theory of say packing two seconds for a first is the economy. Teams could be interested in sending a first, which is guaranteed money for a couple seconds who they can tell to go overseas or just not sign to contracts if they don't pan out over the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gl'enn
    In addition to our own two picks (#16 & #46 as of the last NBADraft.com update the other day), we also get Minnesota and Toronto's own 2nds (currently #36 & #38).

Those are some nice picks to have.

36 and 38 should be very attractive to teams looking to trade out of the first round.

46 is a wash, but it's possible we find a Euro and stash him.

Naturally we'd all expect #16 to bring in somecunt that can actually play.

I don't see us going big though - I'd rather we draft a back up for Prince. It seems like years since he had a decent back up.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Blog Entries
    Steph Curry should be floating around when we have our 1st pick.

He's probably a tad bit overrated, but I'd love that sweet jumpshot coming off our bench.

+ Reply to Thread