+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: OGT: #10 UM bukdow's #7 Clemson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyMcLain
    There's so much manlove at E$PN for the ACC, I'm shocked ALL of the teams didn't get in. Send Vitale to the selection committee meeting and annoy them to the point that they give in and rename it "The NCAA-ACC Tournament"
    Mike Patrick too.

Quote Originally Posted by LDB
    Mike Patrick too.
    And Legler, because they can.

Face it ladies, this smells of a Clemson victory in a large way. Their aggressive play, their trapping, stifling defense, and the fact that they are an ACC team, playing tougher teams game in and game out gives them a huge mental and physical edge.

UM is inconsistent, and unless they drop threes like Scout posters tossing UM players under the buss for 3-9, UM just doesn't win games. Can Manny be a driver/slasher? Will Sims play aggressive in the paint, or will he play ballerina girl by becomming a jump shooter? Will the UM who beat Iowa like a drum show up, or will UM who lost to Iowa (without their two best players) show up?

I say Clemson 85-66.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyMcLain
    And Legler, because they can.
    ESPN is now bigger than sports. Better get used to it.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

michigan has been inconsistent most of the year in shooting but not in controlling pace. i think thats one of the assett's to beline's offense. even in our losses i feel like michigan dictated tempo, so im not really worried about them taking it to us. in fact, i think we'll use it against them.

not saying it will earn us a win (im leaning towards atleast one win) because they couldj ust kick us in the teeth or we might be a no show. but to say the just, im impressed with b-line this year (maybe just because i compare it to amaker's coaching).

This game is so tough to call. A Clemson win by 18 wouldn't shock me, but neither would a Michigan win by 12.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

I'm glad Michigan got the 10 seed instead of an 8 or 9. I don't think they beat Clemson, but they can. And if they get to the second round, I've never been all that impressed with Oklahoma. Blake Griffin is the best player in college basketball and can win games himself, but the rest of his team is suspect. I can't see OU making it past the sweet sixteen.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

You wanna hear the worst strategy ever...........

With Sparty I always pick them to win at least 3 or 4 games (for the most part) and if they win my bracket looks good and if they lose I'm happy because Sparty lost.

Now that Michigan's name will appear in a NCAA bracket I can comfortably pick Clemson and either get bracket points with Clemson or watch Michigan win and be ecstatic.

Kind of a cheesy method, but I like to look at it as a win-win scenario because as we all know the brackets are a business.

Quote Originally Posted by FillyCheezeSteak
    You wanna hear the worst strategy ever...........

With Sparty I always pick them to win at least 3 or 4 games (for the most part) and if they win my bracket looks good and if they lose I'm happy because Sparty lost.

Now that Michigan's name will appear in a NCAA bracket I can comfortably pick Clemson and either get bracket points with Clemson or watch Michigan win and be ecstatic.

Kind of a cheesy method, but I like to look at it as a win-win scenario because as we all know the brackets are a business.
    My dad did this betting against the lions in the 70s and 80s, made a lot of cash.

the early line is michigan getting 5.5.

if i were to bet i would take michigan outright rather taking the points... if i were to bet. i think winning or getting blown out are likely than a close loss, being the reason.

+ Reply to Thread