+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: OGT: #10 UM bukdow's #7 Clemson

OGT: #10 UM bukdow's #7 Clemson

Interesting game here. I realize there's discussion about the game going on in other threads, but after 11 years this deserves an OGT.

I haven't seen Clemson play much this year. I know they started 16-0, but I also know they've lost 8 of their last 15.

I know they're deep, they have 9 guys that have played every single game and average 13 minutes or more per game. (Michigan has similar depth as well, fwiw).

I know they aren't huge - the tallest of those 9 players is 6'9".

A number of these factors would seem to benefit UM. The potential is there for this to be a very, very good game.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    Interesting game here. I realize there's discussion about the game going on in other threads, but after 11 years this deserves an OGT.

I haven't seen Clemson play much this year. I know they started 16-0, but I also know they've lost 8 of their last 15.

I know they're deep, they have 9 guys that have played every single game and average 13 minutes or more per game. (Michigan has similar depth as well, fwiw).

I know they aren't huge - the tallest of those 9 players is 6'9".

A number of these factors would seem to benefit UM. The potential is there for this to be a very, very good game.
    Absolutely it does.

Thanks for the lil write up.
    Players meeting my ASS!

all i was hoping for was a team that couldnt kill us with a 7 foot stiff. sounds like we atleast got that, if your right.

i think theyre considered a tough draw but its not like we were getting a cupcake either way. i suspect we'll be getting points but i think this game is a coin flip. now if beline can beat griffin he'll impress me...

please let this be a night game, is all i can say.

I saw Clemson play Illinois in the ACC/Big 10 challenge. They look like the best team on earth when they are forcing turnovers with their press, but if you slow them down, they fucking suck. They can't pass the ball more than 3 times without turning it over, and they don't have much of a post game.

Clemson's D against the 3 will be interesting. 1/3/1 D iirc.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    Clemson's D against the 3 will be interesting. 1/3/1 D iirc.

Yeah, but it's not the traditional 1-3-1 that UM plays. They use it in a trapping scheme.

Looking at season stats it seems like Clemson is more aggressive. UM played 2 more games than Clemson did, but Clemson had 200+ more points, 100 more rebounds (big difference was offensive rebounds), almost 100 more blocks, 50 more fouls, 75 more steals. However, they also had 70 more turnovers commited and 50 fewer assists.

Shooting percentages:
    UM .427 FG%, .755 FT%, .332 3PT%
    CU .467 FG%, .684 FT%, .379 3PT%

By the way, nobody is talking about UM to go to the Final Four, and the chances are next to impossible, but could anyone get a more difficult draw than having to go through Clemson, then Oklahoma, then Syracuse, then North Carolina?

Meanwhile, I think State landed in the 2nd easiest bracket.

I think Michigan will win. Clemson has a thing about shit getting into their head, and they KNOW this UM team can beat some of the best (UCLA, Duke). Although Clemson spanked Duke earlier in the season, the pressure will be on to take care of the Wolverines. I think the pressure will get to them.

I still can't get over that shot of the Ohio$tate group awaiting their bracketing. I swear, there was only about four of them. It was pretty sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    Looking at season stats it seems like Clemson is more aggressive. UM played 2 more games than Clemson did, but Clemson had 200+ more points, 100 more rebounds (big difference was offensive rebounds), almost 100 more blocks, 50 more fouls, 75 more steals. However, they also had 70 more turnovers commited and 50 fewer assists.

Shooting percentages:
    UM .427 FG%, .755 FT%, .332 3PT%
    CU .467 FG%, .684 FT%, .379 3PT%
    There's so much manlove at E$PN for the ACC, I'm shocked ALL of the teams didn't get in. Send Vitale to the selection committee meeting and annoy them to the point that they give in and rename it "The NCAA-ACC Tournament"

+ Reply to Thread