+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Lions trade for Julian Peterson

Schwartz mentioned previously that he'd adjust the scheme based on the strengths of our players, and with the right personnel, I could see 3 down linemen in certain situations (with Avril back).

Mayhew also discussed developing a system and philosophy a la the Steelers. The two seem to be in a bit of an oxy moron, but I see where they both fit together; develop a main philosophy but adjust it slightly to the strengths of the players.

And I don't care what scheme we have, I'm just dying for a competitive team.

This will continue to be an interesting offseason.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRay11
    Schwartz mentioned previously that he'd adjust the scheme based on the strengths of our players, and with the right personnel, I could see 3 down linemen in certain situations (with Avril back).

Mayhew also discussed developing a system and philosophy a la the Steelers. The two seem to be in a bit of an oxy moron, but I see where they both fit together; develop a main philosophy but adjust it slightly to the strengths of the players.
    Interesting thought.

Since Avril is a hybrid-type player it would make more sense for him to be the 'Adalius Thomas' of our defense.

Not to mention, Grady Jackson is more than enough 'man' to plug up the nose.

A 3-4 scheme could even be beneficial to a guy like Jordon Dizon, who is useless in a 4-3.

I'm wary of a 3-4. I've always felt to make it work you really need a big (and yeah, pretty damn fat) yet athletic nose tackle to plug up the middle and eat up at least two blockers. Anyone remember Jerry Ball? I'm just not sure the Lions have a player who could do that right now. Rogers would have been good, but I don't think I have to go there.

Neither of Schwartz and Cunningham have much experience with a 3-4... I'll believe it when I see it.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    Neither of Schwartz and Cunningham have much experience with a 3-4... I'll believe it when I see it.
    lol. I think we'll definitely be in a base 4-3.

One can go in circles around here if one wants to.

And I guess I wanted to.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Is Peterson declining at all? 30 isn't that old, but it's not young in linebacker years...

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    Is Peterson declining at all? 30 isn't that old, but it's not young in linebacker years...

Hawks fans say he is, but he's played every game the past few years, so it's not as if he's broke.

I think he went to the Pro Bowl last year as an alternate??? His tackles were down last year. I don't think he's physically declining but he has had that 'could do more' label on him.

Get him in the right frame of mind and he should be fine for a few more years.
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread