+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: RIP William Davidson, you will be missed

RIP William Davidson, you will be missed

The only Piston owner many of us have ever known has finally left us today at 85. Innovator and pioneer in many ways.

A truly great self-made man. I know I'll miss him.

RIP Mr. D. You will be sorely missed. I hope your kids are ready to carry on.

When did he die?
    Players meeting my ASS!

news just broke an hour ago.

RIP
    Players meeting my ASS!

incredible the the pistons franchise has only had 2 owners in 60 years of operation.

RIP to Mr. Davidson and thoughts to his family. Really sad news.

At least to me, this is a little disconcerting for the Pistons franchise. Davidson was one of the best owners in the league, IMO.

(I apologize to anyone if I offended anyone with my above statements. I don't want this to turn into an argument thread.)

He loved the team a lot. I would hope that he made sure he left it in the hands of someone that was going to take good care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    He loved the team a lot. I would hope that he made sure he left it in the hands of someone that was going to take good care of it.
    Me too, and I'm sure he did. But still, you never know 100%, which is why I'm slightly worried. The Pistons are one of the 4 or 5 best franchises in the league, and Davidson was a major (if not the major) reason for that.

Sad, sad news. Rest in peace Mr. D.

Hey a friend of mine and I are trying to remember what he said at the 2004 champioship parade....something something, "BULLSHIT!". Anyone have the quote??? I can't remember.

Rest in peace Mr. Davidson, you lived a life to be proud of.

+ Reply to Thread