+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Iverson breaks his silence...

Blog Entries
    I could make the same post about Flippy.
    Find a new slant.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by LDB
    No problem with AI, but you also like Flip Murray.

Oh snap!
    truth
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by Gl'enn
    I could make the same post about Flippy.
    Which doesnt really help the value of your AI endorsement.
    ^

One thing flying over people's heads is whether Iverson can live with less minutes, coming off the bench means nothing if we are still smallballing to get minutes evened out.
    ^

So who loses minutes with AI coming off the bench, Bynum or AA? I'd expect AA, but I'd almost rather AI playing 2.
    Players meeting my ASS!

I'd love to give AA a chance and let him continue his development. Letting AI run the point let's him control the ball and having AA out there to just work the defensive end and take open jumpers that come to him isn't all that bad. It just seems like he hasn't been hitting them lately, not that Bynum has been that much better as a spot shooter.

Basically, whether AI is out there as a 2 or 1 doesn't really matter. Whoever the other guard is just has to get him the ball, hit a few open jumpers, and play solid defense.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Codename V
    One thing flying over people's heads is whether Iverson can live with less minutes, coming off the bench means nothing if we are still smallballing to get minutes evened out.
    Who cares whether Iverson can live with it. It's Curry's job to make sure the minutes are distributed proportionately and with the right combination to give the Pistons the best chance to win. If that's 15 minutes, fine. If it's 30, great.

I'm not surprised by this at all. Iverson's game doesn't fit with the Pistons, but he's done his best to fit in and always played hard. That said, I can't wait until he's no longer a Piston.

Quote Originally Posted by shags
    Who cares whether Iverson can live with it. It's Curry's job to make sure the minutes are distributed proportionately and with the right combination to give the Pistons the best chance to win. If that's 15 minutes, fine. If it's 30, great.
    Ok i see theres some barrier of communication on what we've been doing with benched starting SG's, which is fumbling out as many minutes as possible(so much that we've even pushed stuckey the bench late in games). I guess everyone here is confident that curry will drop his minutes properly.
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl

Basically, whether AI is out there as a 2 or 1 doesn't really matter. Whoever the other guard is just has to get him the ball, hit a few open jumpers, and play solid defense.
    I think its going to be rough personally. career 42 percent shooter shooting about that with us even with more open shots than he's ever had in his career. I personally wish he'd work on his spot up jumper and 3 pointer. He'd be light years more efficient in his shooting percentage adding that to the mix.
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by Codename V
    Ok i see theres some barrier of communication on what we've been doing with benched starting SG's, which is fumbling out as many minutes as possible(so much that we've even pushed stuckey the bench late in games). I guess everyone here is confident that curry will drop his minutes properly.
    And the minute distribution is on Curry, not Iverson. Curry has to show me he will drop his minutes to the appropriate amount that gives the Pistons the best chance to win.

Barring injury, Iverson shouldn't be on the floor in crunch time ever, due to his defensive deficiencies, IMO. But I'm not confident Curry will see it that way.

+ Reply to Thread