+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we want Boozer???

Do we want Boozer???

Since this season appears to be a bust, the "premier" (not my words) free agant is Carlos Boozer. Do you think we should sign him?

I say only if he's a bargain. He's frquently hurt and doesn't really play D.

Blog Entries
    He won't be a bargain, he'll go wherever the money is.

He's the best chip out there, but can he lead?

I have my doubts.

Cute Overstock.com commercials, though.
    Find a new slant.

well, lets assume Kander and the doctors check him out and they don't see any long term effects of the injuries.

I think joe could get him for around 10 mil a year (there won't be many buyers). he should do that because he'd still have money for Bosh and yet they'd still improve over this season I would hope.

I agree he'll want to get paid, but I think memphis should be the only other team able to pay him.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    I don't feel too strongly one way or the other.

Then again, I don't feel too strongly about many things in life.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    well, lets assume Kander and the doctors check him out and they don't see any long term effects of the injuries.

I think joe could get him for around 10 mil a year (there won't be many buyers). he should do that because he'd still have money for Bosh and yet they'd still improve over this season I would hope.

I agree he'll want to get paid, but I think memphis should be the only other team able to pay him.
    Will he leave $12+ million on the table to sign for $10m?

Maybe, for the security, but it probably comes down to how he feels about his current situation in Utah.

Does he take the $12m for another year with the Jazz and then head out in '10 when more teams have cap room? (knowing that he'd be competing with more big free agents, too).
    Find a new slant.

I'm not sure he opts out or not. The issue is that they'll want to resign Millsap (which they will do), so they'll want to give him minutes. They still have AK47 who plays better at PF too. I would think they'd try to move Boozer for another expiring if he stays next year. Would he want that? Who knows.

What will be interesting is his minutes the rest of the way. They'll certainly be lower (which is good for anyone interested in him saving wear and tear on him), but how much? Suppose he only gets 25 minutes a night the rest of the way, would he want to stay in that situation next year?

I wonder if he stays a year does he force them to let Millsap or Memo go? They are at 71 mil without Millsap extended and both Memo and Boozer staying a year. I can't imagine they can keep all 3 next year.

I would think Memo doesn't opt out and waits for his pay day the following year when more teams have money (plus Utah would lose Boozer for sure and Harpring from the books). If Memo stays and they want Millsap they can resign him, but they'd have to find someone to take Boozer or face a LOT of taxes. That's where Joe can step in and swap Amir for Boozer because he can take on the salary.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I'm thinking that writing will be on the wall for Boozer to leave. It will be up to him money wise but I don't see us getting him at a bargain price and wouldn't want him at 12+ million a season.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    i don't think Boozer will take a pay cut like that, he will not sign for 10 a year, i'd rather hope he and Memo won't opt out, so the Jazz will have 71 mil already on their payroll for next season...that would make it much easier to sign Millsap for a reasonable contract 6,7 a year...

if he can be had for less than the max, you sign him while you have the space.

I'm all for getting the best big man available to us. Boozer might be that, and if he is, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Asberry
    i don't think Boozer will take a pay cut like that, he will not sign for 10 a year, i'd rather hope he and Memo won't opt out, so the Jazz will have 71 mil already on their payroll for next season...that would make it much easier to sign Millsap for a reasonable contract 6,7 a year...
    how do you know his options won't be 10 from us and 12 mil from Memphis or the MLE from any other team?

+ Reply to Thread