View Poll Results: Is this Mess Joe's Fault??

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he's in charge!

1 6.67%
  • No, he can't control everything!

2 13.33%
  • Yes, but he's on a leash!

1 6.67%
  • Yes, but he'll fix it!

11 73.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Fire Joe D Thread

not a single point he made was valid, except the shit about Curry with is as much as valid point as me saying the sky is blue.

It's a waste of 20 seconds to read through it. It's like watchign a toddler throw a tantrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    not a single point he made was valid.
    #2 and #3 are valid. I think Curry sucks as a coach. I think Joe saw the AI move as a salary dump that would also keep us competitive while he re-tooled. Curry sucks so bad we're no competitive. Keeping him might be a huge mistake. Joe has also been a mediocre drafter, it's true. Tay and Memo were good picks. Stuckey looks like he will be but we need to see him bounce back next year. Otherwise it's been bad.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

he hasn't made a bad pick in 5 years. To bring up darko and rodney white is just petty and stupid.

Also, I sincerely doubt Joe will be keeping Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    #2 and #3 are valid. I think Curry sucks as a coach. I think Joe saw the AI move as a salary dump that would also keep us competitive while he re-tooled. Curry sucks so bad we're no competitive. Keeping him might be a huge mistake. Joe has also been a mediocre drafter, it's true. Tay and Memo were good picks. Stuckey looks like he will be but we need to see him bounce back next year. Otherwise it's been bad.
    He brought a title here in his short time as GM. And we were NOT a good team when he took over.

His drafting is better than mediocre, imo.
    Players meeting my ASS!

over the past 5 years his draft record is spotless.

Blog Entries
    This thread is a waste of time.

Getting rid of Joe would only be taking yet another step back.

Consistency in the front office is vital for a successful franchise (a la San Antonio). Joe hasn't done anything to warrant losing his job.

There are some bad GM's out there who have decent teams (Otis Smith, Danny Ainge, Darryl Morey). I'd rather have one bad season while knowing we have a GM whose track record suggests he can fix it, instead of the other way around.

Blog Entries
    over the past 5 years his draft record is spotless.
    Only if you feel that 2nd round picks are worthless.
    Find a new slant.

...which they are.

2nd round picks are a crapshoot. It's full of guys every team in the NBA passed on at least once. You can't penalize Joe because another team got lucky with one of theirs.

I don't know what year JoeD was hired, but bringing in a title buys him some time...Not that I feel he needs to.

And while this year sucks, the maneuverablilty he has going forward, is great.
    Players meeting my ASS!

he hasn't made a bad pick in 5 years. To bring up darko and rodney white is just petty and stupid.

Also, I sincerely doubt Joe will be keeping Curry.
    Uh, taking Walter Sharpe instead of Chalmers or Jordan was pretty stupid IMO. And that's not hindsight either. I wanted either of those players at our original pick before the draft.

Otherwise I think he's done pretty good since Darko and White. However, that doesn't excuse reaching for a guy that may have gone undrafted when there was a starting caliber PG and a project true center (on a team full of PF's) there to take.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread