View Poll Results: Is this Mess Joe's Fault??

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he's in charge!

1 6.67%
  • No, he can't control everything!

2 13.33%
  • Yes, but he's on a leash!

1 6.67%
  • Yes, but he'll fix it!

11 73.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Fire Joe D Thread

Blog Entries
    Thanks!
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    I think he needs to finish with back-to-back losing records before one could even begin to think such things.
    Agreed. I don't worship the ground he walks on, but the past few years simply earned him a fair amount of leeaway. If at the end of NEXT SEASON we have another awful season with Curry still as coach and free agency didn't give us something really good, then its time to start thinking about this, but not sooner.

can we fire micknugget?

Quote Originally Posted by micknugget
    Well, like it or not I'm back after a few months off and I can't hold back any longer. If Joe D isn't willing to fix the mess he has made than it's time for him to go. Here are my reasons why:

1) It was a stupid, stupid, stupid move to go with an unproven first year head coach when you had a team that was still a Championship contender. This was especially bad since there were several decent coaches available.

2) Keeping Curry is an even worse mistake. Curry is clueless as a coach and just about everyone knows it. Curry was brought in as he supposedly had the players respect. The opposite has happened. the team is in chaos and not once have I heard Curry take any of the blame. He has been erratic with his line-ups and playing time for his youngsters. Some blame could be placed on the trade but even Philly and Denver were playoff teams with Iverson and they didin't have nealry as good a supporting cast.

3) Joe's drafting has been mediocre at best. There's the whole Darko and Rodney White pick ups but more importantly he got almost nothing with last years picks. The "prospects" aren't even any good.

4) Joe failed to acquire anyone at the trade deadline. I think that we could have gotten Chandler for Sheed and although it lessens our cap, it would give us a young and legit 7'+ center. It is obvious that character players, even expiring ones such as Wilcox or Joe Smith were available. We did nothing.

5) Joe is the GM. This team has quickly turned into a laughing stock and it is his responsibility. Instead of action Joe has decided to sit on his hands and hope that something pans out in free agency. The only problem with that is that nobody wants to play for a joke of a team with an awful coach unless we overpay them. I'm pretty sure that the Knicks have shown everyone what a bad idea that is!

Please discuss and decide how much of this mess is Joe's fault
    We could consolidate those to this, imo:

1. The Curry situation

It apears he fucked up here. How much say does JoeD have going forward, or is this Davidson's call?

2. Joe's drafting

His drafting hasn't been outstanding, but hardly worth firing him over.

3. Trade deadline

There were a bunch of GMs that wanted to make a move and couldn't. Hardly worth firing him over. Who knows who was available to trade for? The Pistons have the cap space for the offseason.
    Players meeting my ASS!

OKC had Chandler for nothing. THEY SENT HIM BACK TO NEW ORLEANS!

Is that not a big red flag when the worst team in basketball does not want you?

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    can we fire micknugget?
    Always the witty comments! I like to ask/bring up the controversial questions because it brings about a lot of interaction. I also don't like that fact that my team has become a laughing stock and Joe isn't doing anything about it.

it's called being smart. Sacrificing one season for the sake of the next five. You may want to try it sometime.

He could have gotten players at the deadline that would have made this team a little better and a lot worse next year.

I don't even know why I bother to explain this. This thread is barely worth my attention.

at least micknugget makes valid points. there are a few posters on here that go against the grain with no substance.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread