View Poll Results: Is this Mess Joe's Fault??

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he's in charge!

1 6.67%
  • No, he can't control everything!

2 13.33%
  • Yes, but he's on a leash!

1 6.67%
  • Yes, but he'll fix it!

11 73.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10
FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: The Official Fire Joe D Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    OKC had Chandler for nothing. THEY SENT HIM BACK TO NEW ORLEANS!

Is that not a big red flag when the worst team in basketball does not want you?
    Chandler looked good as hell against us last night. He isn't the low post player that we covet but I think that his rebounding and interior D would have helped us out quite a bit.

not for $ 12 million.

for the MLE, I'd take him any day. But for that kind of money, I want an inside scorer.

Interesting article by Ian Thomsen where Dumars says a few things about how things didn't turn out as planned. Too long to post, didn't know where else to put it, figured it had to do with JoeD and his decision to get AI so this is as good as anywhere.

Pistons Learn From AI Experiment
    _

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    The Pistons are still going to have to find some way of working him back into their rotation. In theory, Iverson could become a new version of Vinnie Johnson, microwaving offense off the bench, but the Pistons are weary of such optimism.

"It was two-pronged,'' Pistons president Joe Dumars said of his decision to deal Billups for Iverson in November. "I knew one of the prongs wasn't going to change no matter what -- the future. That was going to be set no matter what. What you hope for in a situation like this is that the present plays out favorably for you.''
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

I knew that getting AI could be a hit or miss and I was unhappy with the trade even though I thought that Detroit needed to make a move.

Unfortunately, it took managemnt over half the season the figure out that the "second prong" wasn't working and now the team is in a precarious spot to even make the playoffs and the team is stuck with a bunch of questions.

Will Iverson come back from his "injury"?

Will Iverson be disruptive and unhappy if he does now that he's coming off of the bench?

+ Reply to Thread