+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Manny Harris is Weak Sack

Let it go? You are the one going from here to Timbuktu trying to rebut the fact that Purdue was a little short handed for the game, which is all I said. Defensive much?

It's never useful coming into the college forum. It's always a joke no matter what team the poster roots for.
    STEW BEEF!

Weak Sack huh? 27, 8, and 4 vs. # 16. DeShawn was huge too with 29. I still think "we" need to win 2 more out of at Wiscy, at Minny, and the Big Ten Tourney. It's gonna be tough.

And Jethro, you gotta stop hyping Cronin. He's going to be junk. Baby giraffe junk.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Beating a team ranked in the teens really isn't an upset.

You don't think he could be the next Chris Young? Come on. That's what Graham Brown was.

Say what you want about either of them, but if this team gets to be REALLY good, he could be their Aloysius Anogonye/whatever. Someone big, bulky, tough, with 5 fouls, 7 points and 4 rebounds.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Thanatos
    Beating a team ranked in the teens really isn't an upset.
    A number of Vegas books had UM getting 3 points even though they were home. ESPN.com had it on Upset Alert. Considering Purdue was only one loss back from the Big Ten lead coming in, I still feel ok calling it an upset.

Blog Entries
    From the recap on AOL Sports:

The Wolverines haven't earned an NCAA tournament bid since 1998, but they've got a shot to end the drought with two talented upperclassmen - Sims and Harris - recruited by former coach Tommy Amaker, gutsy freshmen and savvy coaching by John Beilein, who is in his second season.

Quote Originally Posted by LDB
    From the recap on AOL Sports:
    Just remember who started the "gutsy" craze. Me, thats who. Fucker.

Good win by UM. Especially considering its two best players (Harris and Sims) are horrendously retarded. You can actually see in Sims eyes that he sometimes forgets what team he is on.

I really applaud Bielein for the job he has done with these two special young men. I dare say, they both have nearly made the "short bus to long bus" transition. Truly, "Michigan Men".
    www.university.com

bukdow, I've got to agree that I can't figure out how Belein has won more than five games this year with this cast of players. Holy shit, if this guy can recruit a couple-three Big Timers to UM, shit, your Sparties are going to be turned into Belein Fluffers.
    Every time I dump on Belein and say that this hire never excited me to even close to bonerdom, they pull something like that Purdue game out of their colostomy bags. Dare I say that they seem to play BETTER when they play BETTER teams?
    I am bothered by some of the losses. Iowa? Without two of their best players? Should never have gotten to where my fellow Wolverine fans had to (AGAIN!) whine about officiating. Penn State and some others that I can't think of because for once I DON'T have a hangover bother me as well. Maybe next year they win a few of those "iffy" games and get to the Dance with no problem.

I just hope Belein can get some serious talent to Ann Arbor, cuz I don't care how good a coach you are, you need PLAYAS.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bukdow
    Just remember who started the "gutsy" craze. Me, thats who. Fucker.

Good win by UM. Especially considering its two best players (Harris and Sims) are horrendously retarded. You can actually see in Sims eyes that he sometimes forgets what team he is on.

I really applaud Bielein for the job he has done with these two special young men. I dare say, they both have nearly made the "short bus to long bus" transition. Truly, "Michigan Men".
    I'm listening!

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    I just hope Belein can get some serious talent to Ann Arbor, cuz I don't care how good a coach you are, you need PLAYAS.
    Your wish might just come true. This year they lose Lee, Merritt, and Shepherd. Lee and Merritt are the captains and they serve as poised leaders, but talent-wise there is also a reason they were walk-ons. I think they have guys that can step up as leaders, and actually the opportunity to step up could be really good for some of them. Shepherd is Shepherd.
    Replacing them statistically means replacing about 7 points, 4 rebs, and 3 assists in over 35 minutes.

Darius Morris can likely replace that on his own, as a big 4 star PG.

Consider the fact that UM also adds a guy called the best pure shooter in his class by the Sporting News (a little publication you may have heard of - even though Bukdow doesn't subscribe) and a couple guys with some legit size to help match up against bigger teams.

Assuming Sims and Harris stay in college this team will undoubtably be more talented next season, and should easily win 20+ games.

+ Reply to Thread