+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19
FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: As of 3pm today, Joe Dumars is king (also, NBA teams in financial trouble)

I agree with that statement completely. I was just looking for more reasons to get rid of Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

There is also a point to where the team starts to erode it's fanbase. Trading away one of the teams favorites and hiring an incompetent coach who leads the team to a losing record is a great start. I was hoping that the Pistons would become a team where players WANTED to come like the Spurs or in Detroit, the Wings. The team was headed that way but Joe's bad decision after bad decision has caused things to go the other way. Now fans are pissed off and we hang on the hopes of overpaying someone in FA? Tell me that Joe isn't f$%king up!

Blog Entries
    The Pacers laid off 20+ people yesterday. Some of them had been there forever.
    Find a new slant.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    To be fair though, the front office payroll of most NBA organizations - especially the player management side - is loaded with people who never do a minute of work, because they were handed that job as a favor. Isn't there a guy on staff with the Pistons who was hired to coach Darko, and he's still on payroll?

I don't think the fanbase in Detroit could be "eroded"

While it's obvious many stayed away this season I think we can all come up with reasons for that.

As a long time wrestling fan I know that Detroit is regarded as a "smart" wrestling city - meaning the fans there operate on their own and no amount of pushing from WWE or whatever can make those fans cheer or boo on cue like some other towns.

I'm guessing basketball fans in Detroit are the same - they will turn up to watch a team that represents them even if that team might not be playoff bound IF they work their asses off and they have the "right" attitude like Mo and Tahoe have mentioned.

It doesn't matter if Curry is the Coach of that team or not, as long as the team plays the way Detroit basketball fans want. And we all know the last few years there have been too many lazy ass fuckers on the floor.

Might that be why many stayed away? Fans got tired of the bullshit?
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

I should probably listen to this at some point.
    STEW BEEF!

Herm (Allegan, Mich.): What teams do you think are in dire enough financial straits that they would consider a “talent for dollars” deal? Could guys like Bogut in Milwaukee and Martin in Sacramento be made available much as Chandler was at last year’s deadline?
    Langlois: Haven’t heard much about Sacramento as a candidate for that, but there are rumblings that the Maloofs have been hurt by the economy. Still, I don’t think they’d start their dismantling with Martin unless they were in extreme duress. Same with Milwaukee. They’ll give Michael Redd or Richard Jefferson away before they get to Bogut.
    -------------------------------------------------------

No shit Keith....but tell me, who is going to take Redd or RJ's deal for immediate savings? Sure as shit ain't the 3 teams with the space to do it.

Blog Entries
    Ha, I just read that and totally missed that it was from you.

Props for staying true to the AC.
    Find a new slant.

Someone follow that one up for me. Gotta pin this jackass down.

Pisses me off he doesn't want to say what teams he has heard are in trouble. He likely didn't want to start talking shit about the NBA and owners and money, lest some other teams fan send sees it on a message board and send it to his teams kiss-ass reporter who publishes a denial, and the owner of that team calls whoever the fuck owns our team, and they fire him for breaking some Jew pact.

+ Reply to Thread