+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: As of 3pm today, Joe Dumars is king (also, NBA teams in financial trouble)

I'll still be going.
    STEW BEEF!

I'll tune in, but I'm like, soooo whatever with this team.

^think that saying gets by ldb?
    Players meeting my ASS!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    JD is king of a shrinking empire, planning to feast on scraps.

Oh yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    JD is king of a shrinking empire, planning to feast on scraps.
    Isn't that all he ever had? Besides darko everyone was someones garbage or cap space back to Cliffy and JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Gl'enn
    I'm still watching on TV, but it's very painful.

It's hard to pull for a team that doesn't care and for an organization that has conceded the season.

They won't get my money until I see the changes.
    I've got tickets to the Pistons-Pacers in Indy on the last weekend of the season (I usually only go to one game a year), and if I could get my money back I would.

If Curry is back coaching this team next season, I'll have to seriously consider whether to buy tickets next year as well.

we all knew this day would come, I just never thought we would have such a tough time accepting it.

I think that's what Glenn was saying, gusman

Some of us saw this coming and can accept it (doesn't mean we have to support it or like it)

Others seem to cling to the belief that we can turn this around, make the playoffs and then ride Iverson into the 2nd round or some other wild fucking idea.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Quote Originally Posted by shags
    I've got tickets to the Pistons-Pacers in Indy on the last weekend of the season (I usually only go to one game a year), and if I could get my money back I would.

If Curry is back coaching this team next season, I'll have to seriously consider whether to buy tickets next year as well.

He won't be.

You can't fail so completely to reach your team and then get another chance.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    i am expecting only the best from Joe D now in the offseason, a significant upgrade in the frontcourt is a must! no more excuses, we basically need a new starting C and PF tandem, Amir and Max are backups nothing more... a veteran PG could be useful too...
    Last edited by Joe Asberry; 02-21-2009 at 11:48 AM.

contracts like rip's and prince's will hold us back too IMO. they are good players but overpaid for what we need moving forward. we need a complete overhaul.

and while i get that having cap room gives us a lot of flexibility to make trades, etc.......who exactly is going to be available in a 'salary dump' move? it sounds good but i think it's going to be tougher than some others think, to get some really good players here. teams don't give away really good players every day, even if they're looking to dump some salary.

+ Reply to Thread