+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19
FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: As of 3pm today, Joe Dumars is king (also, NBA teams in financial trouble)

^wow. Shame on us for wanting continued success. The Yankees have enough titles in their history. Maybe they should just go down the toilet and the fans should accept it.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

the yankees aren't forced to play by the same rules as everyone else. They have no excuse for failure.

And yes, after the last 6-year period that most fans will never see in their lifetimes, shame on us for being demanding the second things go bad.

Im not saying we should like it. I fucking hate this. But im going to give the guy who took us to the top and back down again the chance to replicate what he did 9 years ago.

I never called for Joe's head. But I think we have the right to question his moves since winning it all. I'm sure Spurs fans bitch about letting talent by them (like Scola) despite winning 3 titles in the last 10 years.

That is our nature as fans.

I think even more so because we don't see a plan to get back there. Does anybody here think we'll be in the finals again without getting a legit post player? Where are we going to find that? What about a true PG? I don't know. Does Joe?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

who saw a plan to get there in 2001? Our rotation was a bunch of junk players and jerry stackhouse, both our 2000 and 2001 lottery picks were total busts, and we were 2 years from having any cap room at all.

I don't think Joe Dumars has gotten dumber in the last 9 years. He has a plan. I have no idea what it is, but i know he has one.

He made the last team guard first and then trading for a cast off big man. That appears to be what he's trying to do now.

Only we suck a lot more now and we don't have Rick Nation squeezing regular season wins out of player personel contempt.
    Last edited by Fool; 02-04-2010 at 12:32 PM.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries

Just a reminder
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    who saw a plan to get there in 2001? Our rotation was a bunch of junk players and jerry stackhouse, both our 2000 and 2001 lottery picks were total busts, and we were 2 years from having any cap room at all.

I don't think Joe Dumars has gotten dumber in the last 9 years. He has a plan. I have no idea what it is, but i know he has one.
    In 2001 I think the plan was the same as it is now. Just acquiring talent. We lost Hill and he got what assets he could from that. He traded for Stack, and eventually RIP to try and find a #1 scorer. He tried to draft complementary players to that #1 scorer (Cleaves, JYD, White) and didn't seem to find any. I don't think the path really became clear until he hit on the Billups signing and drafted Tay. He then knew he had 4 good pieces and just needed that one last part to make them a contender. That's when he got Sheed.

But the first 4-5 years Joe was here I think he was just trying to find a couple talented players to build around and couldn't find them until he got Ben and RIP.

I thought his plan after the title was to replace aging parts with young ones (stuckey for Billups, Max for Sheed). But then he used cap space on BG instead of saving it for a center. I have no idea what his plan is to fill that hole. It looks like he thinks he'll find a diamond in the rough there again (Kwame, Wilcox, Nazr, etc) but that hasn't worked.

Wouldn't acquiring Gordon and Villanueva count as adding talent? They have both been hurt this year, so the FA signing can't be accurately judged yet. I think Joe realized that in 2010 everyone would have $$$ to spend on free agents, and if LeBron/Bosh etc. found homes, he would be left with a bunch of $$ and nothing to spend it on.
    Destiny

Of course it is adding talent. I think he overpaid on BG a little but he certainly added two talented pieces. I'm just hoping he can turn RIP and/or Tay into another legit big or we'll be stuck a while.

Blog Entries
    http://facecheapshop.com/mcfarlane-t...medium=twitter

I wonder if they sell accessories? A little crown or a quadruple Whopper would be nice.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread