+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Recovery.gov

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyMcLain
    If the government is giving you money (i.e., GM and Chrysler) then government is going to want a return on investment.

As for "where" to get the money to pay all of these employees? Why don't you pack your bags full of the shit you're shoveling as go over to Iraq. Your gay lover Bush put it over there.
    I agree on the first part. Which is why I think the banks should've never taken that bailout back in the fall.

The Iraq spending thing is in the past. Your never going to get that money back, so it's useless whining about it. Plus, its irrelevant to the question. If the government is going to create jobs, how do they pay their employees? You can't just create revenue and capital out of thin air.

Jimmy Carter tried this.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    And the war against science continues...

$450 million for NASA (carve-out for “climate-research missions”)
    $600 million for NOAA (carve-out for “climate modeling”)
    $600 million to convert the federal auto fleet to hybrids (NOBODY WANTS TO DRIVE A FUCKING HYBRID)
    $1 billion for the manufacturing of advanced batteriess

The Gov't does not have a penny of this money. Its all deficit spending. Our debt will be even more ginormous.

How do you think financial markets and banks are going to react knowing for the Gov't to pay all of this off they will have to raise taxes or inflate the currency?

So maybe when we pay a dollar back it won't even be worth a dollar.

We go into recessions and we come out of them. I don't see our Gov't as the answer to this...especially with this spending bill right now.

Its too bad Congress wouldn't have cut spending. But with them spending well over a Trillion of our taxpayer dollars, what are the chances of that?

This is a tremendous amount of debt for the next generation to pay off.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    Didn't deter Reagan, did it?
    Find a new slant.

BTW..anyone hear about the Dems and Reps going on their 'executive retreats'?

The Dems and Repubs rented out an entire complex, rooms, spas, etc, (different locations btw) cuz they felt like they needed an offsite meeting. They normally do these type of things annually, but it seems like maybe the thieves could have taken a year off.

It sounded like they really got pampered and played some tennis. Good for them.

One could make the argument (I've seen it done pretty well too) that a lot of that was defense spending that broke Russia. Yes, there was other spending but not to the extent of this bill.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    The Gov't does not have a penny of this money. Its all deficit spending. Our debt will be even more ginormous.

How do you think financial markets and banks are going to react knowing for the Gov't to pay all of this off they will have to raise taxes or inflate the currency?

So maybe when we pay a dollar back it won't even be worth a dollar.

We go into recessions and we come out of them. I don't see our Gov't as the answer to this...especially with this spending bill right now.

Its too bad Congress wouldn't have cut spending. But with them spending well over a Trillion of our taxpayer dollars, what are the chances of that?

If the the guv'mint doesn't spend, the banks don't lend, and the businesses end, that'll make us on the mend?

I'm not saying do nothing

Blog Entries
    Some (R)'s are.
    Find a new slant.

Yea, I've heard them. I think, (my spin) is that they are saying 'doing nothing' is better than this bill. I can't say that I disagree with them. Not sure about that though.

Some peeps really feel Gov't intervention to this extent is the worse thing to happen...especially since its all deficit spending. If the theives could have cut something ANYTHING it would have helped pay for some of this. Instead this will increase the size of 'our' gov't and public sector jobs.

+ Reply to Thread