+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Recovery.gov

Recovery.gov

This... is brilliant.

I don't know how they're going to do it, but it's a brilliant concept that's fit for the time.

http://www.recovery.gov/

Blog Entries
    Which category does the 5 billion going to ACORN fall under?

$50 million for the National Endowment for the Arts
    $380 million in the Senate bill for the Women, Infants and Children program
    $300 million for grants to combat violence against women
    $2 billion for federal child-care block grants
    $6 billion for university building projects
    $15 billion for boosting Pell Grant college scholarships
    $4 billion for job-training programs, including $1.2 billion for “youths” up to the age of 24
    $1 billion for community-development block grants
    $4.2 billion for “neighborhood stabilization activities”
    $650 million for digital-TV coupons

$150 million for the Smithsonian
    $34 million to renovate the Department of Commerce headquarters
    $500 million for improvement projects for National Institutes of Health facilities
    $44 million for repairs to Department of Agriculture headquarters
    $350 million for Agriculture Department computers
    $88 million to help move the Public Health Service into a new building

$850 million for Amtrak (The Harry Reid Special)
    $87 million for a polar icebreaking ship (WTF???)
    $450 million for NASA (carve-out for “climate-research missions”)
    $600 million for NOAA (carve-out for “climate modeling”)
    $600 million to convert the federal auto fleet to hybrids (NOBODY WANTS TO DRIVE A FUCKING HYBRID)
    $1 billion for the manufacturing of advanced batteries

WASTEFUL SPENDING... that's not even half of the pork that's in this thing...

"RECOVERY" my ass...

Recovery spending during the depression included building sports stadiums and raking leaves in empty parks (and building tanks and battleships).

Wil.... It's a spending bill, okay. You need to spend money to make money.

Incidently, I suppose 50 billion a year for the war in Iraq was ok in your eyes. Tally up what you just listed... does it equal 50 billion?

And what is wrong with some of that shit? A polar ice breaking ship sounds like a good idea to advance commerce, especially if you don't want to spend money on the "climate" stuff.

Also, Wil, i'm certain there's somebody in your life who's going to be directly assisted by this package (who doesn't work for Haliburton). Why don't you go over to them and spit in their fuckin face.

Billions of dollars disappearing in Iraq, dished out by a rudderless ship. Bush approached congress each year with the same fucking bullshit: give me money, or American soldiers will die. Were talking hundreds of billions of
    dollars for a war with no clear exit strategy (and that's McCain saying that) and you're bitching about ACORN??? This is like a pile of shit calling a fart "stinky".

It's terrible to improve our public transit systems and make the federal government's automobiles more environmentally friendly and fuel efficient.

SO WASTEFUL!
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    So do you think this bill is going to be the answer to each individual state's finacial problems?

Is this going to pull Michigan out of the rut?

Detroit looks like Beirut now, it's still going to look like Beirut ten years from now.

Creating jobs is great, I'm all for it. But where do you get the money to pay these employees? As businesses grow more successful, the more the government wants a bigger cut, so employees are still going to suffer.

You want to see the dow regain every single point it's lost since Nov 4? Then have Obama extend the Bush tax cuts beyond it's current expiration date. It would be the greatest move he could ever make in a time like right now. JFK-esque. What was JFK known for? Being a fiscal conservative despite the Democratic label.

Thaddeus McCotter said today on Beckman that would be a big step forward for Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    So do you think this bill is going to be the answer to each individual state's finacial problems?

Is this going to pull Michigan out of the rut?

Detroit looks like Beirut now, it's still going to look like Beirut ten years from now.

Creating jobs is great, I'm all for it. But where do you get the money to pay these employees? As businesses grow more successful, the more the government wants a bigger cut, so employees are still going to suffer.

You want to see the dow regain every single point it's lost since Nov 4? Then have Obama extend the Bush tax cuts beyond it's current expiration date. It would be the greatest move he could ever make in a time like right now. JFK-esque. What was JFK known for? Being a fiscal conservative despite the Democratic label.

Thaddeus McCotter said today on Beckman that would be a big step forward for Obama.
    If the government is giving you money (i.e., GM and Chrysler) then government is going to want a return on investment.

As for "where" to get the money to pay all of these employees? Why don't you pack your bags full of the shit you're shoveling as go over to Iraq. Your gay lover Bush put it over there.

Blog Entries
    "do nothing" is not a silver bullet either Wil, so you can kill the straw man posts
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread