Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: TRADE: Chandler to Thunder for Wilcox/Smith RESCINDED

Blog Entries
    Draft picks?

I agree that it's not likely.
    Find a new slant.

Because Sheed is Larry's boy.

What if we also did a separate Max/Wilkens deal or something?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Larry is in Charlotte, not OKC.

I get those mixed up, too.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gl'enn
    Draft picks?
    OKC has 5 first rounders the next two years. That includes 3 this season. If anything I would bet that they would combine some of those for another player or a higher pick come draft time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gl'enn
    Larry is in Charlotte, not OKC.

I get those mixed up, too.
    Dammit. They shouldn't have changed their colors. Now I always get them mixed up.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RegicideGreg
    OKC has 5 first rounders the next two years. That includes 3 this season. If anything I would bet that they would combine some of those for another player or a higher pick come draft time.
    Yeah, I'm floundering here.

Out.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Hornets got Hardin, too.

Hornets send Chandler to Thunder for Wilcox, veteran Smith

By NBA.com staff reports
    Posted Feb 17 2009 2:58PM

The New Orleans Hornets sent center Tyson Chandler to the Oklahoma City Thunder for veteran forwards Chris Wilcox and Joe Smith, Oklahoma City team sources have confirmed to NBA.com.

As part of the deal, the Hornets also will receive DeVon Hardin, who was the 50th pick in the 2008 NBA Draft.

Chandler led the Hornets with 1.4 blocks a game and is the team's second-leading rebounder behind All-Star forward David West. The center has struggled with injuries this season after appearing in 79 games last season for New Orleans.

Wilcox and Smith have played roughly the same amount of minutes this season. Smith, the former No. 1 overall pick of the 1995 NBA Draft, is averaging 19.2 minutes a game in Oklahoma City while Wilcox is at 19.4 minutes a game. The pair served as backups for second-year forward Jeff Green.

The trade likely leaves the Hornets with a large gap in their interior defense. While both Smith and Wilcox are adequate rebounders, neither is known as a shot-blocker. That likely puts the majority of New Orleans' shot-blocking duties on backup center Hilton Armstrong.

The Hornets (30-20) are currently sixth in the Western Conference and have lost two in a row.
    Find a new slant.

LOL:

At the Hornets' Tuesday morning shootaround in Oklahoma City, West told the New Orleans Times Picayune that he was hoping his team would resist the trade interest in Chandler.
    "I don't know if that's somebody we can afford to lose,'' West told the newspaper. "So I'm not sold on that idea. You just don't find a 7-foot-1 athlete like that and he's the only 7-footer we have. Especially if we're planning on making a run into the playoffs, we're going to need size to compete with Portland, San Antonio and the Lakers. I'm not sure that would help us.''
    I bet they are thrilled about this.

Blog Entries
    lol, I just noticed that these two teams play each other tonight
    Find a new slant.

Always the best time for a trade. Is everyone sitting out pending physicals?
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread