+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stafford vs. Stanton

Well obviously some of the draft gurus, talent evaluators see something in Stafford. I didn't watch Stafford enough to make a case for him either. But if we just go by stats, Michael Jordan doesn't exactly stand out either.

But I don't want a QB this year unless this cat has something we are all missing. If these knuckleheads choose him, he better be awesome, not just good.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    I just don't think that Stafford was as good as Matt Ryan when he came out of the draft, and Ryan wasn't even #1 overall.

Just think of the types of dollars Stafford is going to command. He has the same agent as Ryan, who got the biggest rookie bonus ever last year...

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    I just don't think that Stafford was as good as Matt Ryan when he came out of the draft, and Ryan wasn't even #1 overall.

Ryan wasn't as good as Ryan when he came out.

And listening/reading about Stafford, thats the way some feel about him.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Stafford's apparently not going to attend the combine now, at the risk that he may lose some draft stock.

Probably a smart move, he has nothing more to prove as far as being the #1 QB in the class, so nothing positive can really come out of it...

However, it just makes the Lions decision that much more difficult.

Blog Entries
    I wonder if the other top college QBs stayed in school to ensure that the Lions wouldn't pick them.
    Find a new slant.

To be honest I'm not sure it is possible to ensure not being picked by the lions if you're a good player considering they always have a high draft choice.

They wanted one more year before that fear kicked in. The Lions should be right up there in the top 10 picks again next year.
    _

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    The Lions should be right up there in the top 10 picks again next year.

Going out on a limb there, eh Zek?

From today's Freep chat:

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rosenberg
    I think with Stanton, there is LESS than meets the eye. He is not an NFL QB. He just isn't. The Lions did not consider playing him ahead of Dan Orlovsky, whom they never saw as more than a backup. If the Lions draft Stafford, Stanton could be cut before next season.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread