+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 74
FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Aks Glan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    Gl'enn, why are you a Dem?

After all that, I have to say I do like March Madness. The Cinderella's are fun early and almost always end up with the top 4 teams in the final four.
    Players meeting my ASS!

College ball is so friggin structured that it gets so frickin boring. There isn't a lot of individual skils displayed. It is all team. But then you lose seeing Michael Jordans individual talents.

This is what college ball seems like to me. PG dribbles to one side and passes to the wing guy. The defense adjusts. The wing guy fakes a pass to the corner. Then the wing guy passes the ball back to the PG. The PG dribbles to the other side of the floor and passes to the other wing guy. The defense adjusts. He fakes a pass to the corner. Then he passes back to the PG...repeat above till the shot clock is about out, then someone shoots and misses.
    But don't you hate watching NBA games when the score gets to be 140-135? I can't stand watching 1-on-1 followed by a flop and then free throws. The individual talent is often decided by the officials. I guarantee that if a team decided to play team ball and pass like they did in college ball, that team would win the championship year after year. Egos get in the way in pro ball.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

The NBA definately has its ills. I'm not here to defend the NBA. I just prefer to see more athleticism and individual talent than structured BBall.

Wasn't there a reason that the NBA made zone defense illegal? Wasn't it that teams would just clog the middle and the SStars weren't able to do their thing? I like that 'thing' they do. Its hard to see that in college.

College football is a fav of mine though.
    Players meeting my ASS!

I get tired of watching kids pass it directly to the other team and run around the arc for 25 seconds because they have a 72 second shot clock. NCAA ball suffers from an extended version of what the NBA suffers from, there are just too many teams and too many guys who shouldn't be playing basketball on TV.

Plus, too many "great" players are garbage in the pros for me to "follow" anyone.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I can't stand the college shot clock.
    Last edited by Timone; 03-06-2009 at 01:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    I also don't like the unfamiliarity that I have with college/minor league rosters. They change too much from year to year, and there are too many guys that you'll never see again, so why take the time to even learn who they are.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    edit...this is a aks Gl'enn thread...Gl'enn did you attend MSU games?
    I had season tickets for football and sat in the student section and cheered for the opponent. There was a certain CMU game that was fucking incredible. Either that or I sold my ticket and continued to tailgate.

I went to a few basketball games, but not many.
    Find a new slant.

Glenn, how do you feel about those commercials that are realistic cartoons?

Like the Schwab ones with people that look cartoonish.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Glenn, how do you feel about those commercials that are realistic cartoons?

Like the Schwab ones with people that look cartoonish.
    A lot of people are okay with them, I'm not.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread