+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tom Lemming lays the smackdown on Sam Webb.

Tom Lemming lays the smackdown on Sam Webb.

Very funny stuff. Lemming ranks MSU`s class 11th and UM`s class 12th and Webb cries like a calf in a hail storm. Webb keeps spouting the piss and blue-balls company line while Lemming keeps shooting him down with facts. At one point it sounds like Webb is going to throw a hissy fit.

http://wtka.com/index.php?fuseaction...sts_sel&id=955
    www.university.com

im not going to rain on your parade, since im sure this conversation between two grown men about football recruiting is among the highlites of your life, but do you know the difference between an opinion and a fact?

Blog Entries
    Only 3 kids committed to MSU had offers from UM.

That's all I need to know.

Blog Entries
    Gotta love "lays the smackdown" being used when talking about two recruiting nerds disagreeing.

Are you into backyard rasslin', too, buk?
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Gotta love "lays the smackdown" being used when talking about two recruiting nerds disagreeing.

Are you into backyard rasslin', too, buk?
    "I HIT YOU WITH THE GARBAGE CAN, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO FALL DOWN!"

"NO U"

I need to go revive that thread.

So what happens on Wednesday when Michigan gets Robinson, Witty, Stokes and/or one of the other remaining recruits (unlikely) and their class moves ahead of Michigan State? Do the wheels fall off for Sparties? Does Michigan moving ahead of State by 1 spot in the rankings instead of behind them by 1 spot create some sort of doubt in your mind or any type of frustration?

Haven't we already had the debate a million times before..........State wouldn't trade THEIR class for Michigan's class and Michigan wouldn't trade THEIR class for Michigan State's because they play different styles.

P.S. Are there any other Sparties that get a boner that they are ahead of Michigan by 1 spot in the rankings by Tom Lemming? This thread was great Bukky.

Filly = cogent
    We had subs. It was crazy.

The original intent of bukdow was simply to point out that Blue Sam flipped his lid because Lemming rated MSU one whole notch above Michigan (Webb didn't seem to feel it important to note that although Lemming rated MSU ahead of Michigan, Lemming rated UM's class 6 spots HIGHER than Webb's employer, Scout).

It was funny to listen to Webb lose his marbles, and then try to find some justification for Lemming's rankings in some sort of perceived squabble over Lemming doing his annual photo op with Michigan prospects at MSU instead of UM. This was not Sam Webb's best moment, and Lemming made him sound like a crying Michigan Scout poster.

Scout's UM site was in an uproar, of course, with poster after poster whining like a bitch about Lemming's "incompetence" or "bias" toward MSU. Of course, all the UM whiners also now feel that Lemming has "no credibility". Funny stuff.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

The biggest thing here is that Lemming writes monthly for the Rivals publication for UM, so there is a bit of competition there.

Interesting in that is that when Lemming writes, he often writes a list of the top programs in the country. His definition of that is these are the programs that most kids he talks to will list among the schools they are interested in regardless of where the kid is from. He lists UM in that group, along with USC, LSU, Ohio State, Texas, Florida, etc. MSU is nowhere near that.

But give credit where credit is due. MSU saw the opening in the state and dominated it. They got the huge majority of the top 15-20 kids in the state in what was an up year for the state. Unless the state continues to have good years or MSU finds a way to recruit outside the northern Midwest, this class will be a complete anomoly.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    The biggest thing here is that Lemming writes monthly for the Rivals publication for UM, so there is a bit of competition there.

Interesting in that is that when Lemming writes, he often writes a list of the top programs in the country. His definition of that is these are the programs that most kids he talks to will list among the schools they are interested in regardless of where the kid is from. He lists UM in that group, along with USC, LSU, Ohio State, Texas, Florida, etc. MSU is nowhere near that.

But give credit where credit is due. MSU saw the opening in the state and dominated it. They got the huge majority of the top 15-20 kids in the state in what was an up year for the state. Unless the state continues to have good years or MSU finds a way to recruit outside the northern Midwest, this class will be a complete anomoly.
    Unless I just don't know my shit (and that is highly unlikely), MSU ALWAYS "outrecruits" Michigan in Michigan. UM goes after the Top 5 in the state, unless it is a particularly deep year, and leaves the rest to MSU and goes out into the rest of the country for talent, especially at the skill positions. And whether or not Lemming or anybody else likes UM's class (he did label every one of UM's recruits other than Campbell as having "potential" while claiming that Jeremy Gainer WILL be an "impact" player), these FACTS stand out:
    JT Turner is the #1 recruit in Ohio
    Fitzgerald Toussaint is the Offensive POY in Ohio
    Roh and Lewan are oot standing players (I think Roh was POY in Arizona); both had multiple offers from Big Timers.
    Jeremy Gallon is All State in Florida at running back in class 6A (I have no idea what that means, but it sounds cool). One caveat to Gallon: He apparently has forgotten about that little thing called "academics" along the way and may not qualify.
    Isaiah Bell flew completely under the radar but made a couple of those "All Star" games and I think ESPN is very high on him (I just like his name. That alone has got to make him good).
    Michael Scofield shot up in the rankings after a dominating performance in a combine/all star game and is going to prove to be a steal.

I like MSU's class, it works for them, and UM vs MSU is tough because they are rarely targeting the same players. But MSU feeds on Ohio/Michigan table scraps and always has. John L got some talent in there, and that is what Danotnio has been winning with. We'll see now how that will work as John L's guys cycle oot. John L actually ventured outside of Michigan and Ohio to recruit, though.

I think Lemming took nothing into account but that MSU had a banner year in Michigan, and he's a midwest guy so he thinks they will be good players. But he really takes a leap with Dion Sims, who is a puss who really wants to play basketball. Even Baker only played about 12 games in his junior and senior seasons combined. Maxwell? Well I guess we'll see what he does in three years after the one-armed bandit, Keith Nichol, leaves.

I just think it's funny how UM fans reacted to Lemming's ratings, especially when he had them rated much higher than even Scout did.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

+ Reply to Thread