+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Colossal Stimulus Package, Sponsored by the Dems on Capitol Hill...and Big K Cola

Blog Entries
    So it passed the house, with each of the 177 Republicans voting No.

But Obama is upset because now he doesn't have any GOP finger prints on this thing when it fails, so it's clearly partisan.

All I have to say is I commend the GOP house for sticking together and not compromising the party morals.

Senate votes next week. Like I said before, he could've passed this thing without 1 single GOP vote, but it's all about sharing the blame...

If this thing fails, which I think it will once it's passed, this will surely be a MASSIVE blow to Obama's presidency...

This was a big win for the Republicans.

GOP will get the House back in 2010.

^ You don't need to keep posting that. You've made your views clear.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    So it passed the house, with each of the 177 Republicans voting No.

But Obama is upset because now he doesn't have any GOP finger prints on this thing when it fails, so it's clearly partisan.

All I have to say is I commend the GOP house for sticking together and not compromising the party morals.

Senate votes next week. Like I said before, he could've passed this thing without 1 single GOP vote, but it's all about sharing the blame...

If this thing fails, which I think it will once it's passed, this will surely be a MASSIVE blow to Obama's presidency...

This was a big win for the Republicans.

GOP will get the House back in 2010.
    This is your hope.

By the same token, if it is indeed successful, the GOP might be dead.

Good luck going back to your consitituents when your term is up and explaining that you didn't want to help them out of this mess.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    It won't be successful.

It's over 80% pork.

This isn't a stimulus.

* re-sodding the national mall
    * ATV trails
    * STD prevention
    * no tax cuts

these aren't going to help the economy, at all

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    ^ You don't need to keep posting that. You've made your views clear.
    I only posted it once, so you don't need to pretend that you heard me say it before.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn

By the same token, if it is indeed successful, the GOP might be dead.
    True, but that is far less likely to happen.

I only posted it once, so you don't need to pretend that you heard me say it before.
    Your one and only point, ever, is that you think lib ideals are terrible and you hope they and the country fail so the GOP can rise again.

You've posted it many times.

No one is unclear on your stance.
    STEW BEEF!

It won't be successful.

It's over 80% pork.

This isn't a stimulus.

* re-sodding the national mall
    * ATV trails
    * STD prevention
    * no tax cuts

these aren't going to help the economy, at all
    I couldn't say whether it's %80 pork or not, haven't really seen the breakdown.

As I already told you his random projects require job creation and DO stimulate the economy much more than some tax cuts.

How can you continue to say tax cuts are the key when every other poster in this thread has shown you how they won't help like creating a job will? Do you even read other people's comments or do you just come to the political thread to post your thoughts and run?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Your one and only point, ever, is that you think lib ideals are terrible and you hope they and the country fail so the GOP can rise again.

You've posted it many times.

No one is unclear on your stance.
    Then don't read them.

I can't say I've read the specifics of the proposal but here's Paul Krugman's take on tax cuts versus spending on infrastructure:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/26/op...26krugman.html

Next, write off anyone who asserts that it’s always better to cut taxes than to increase government spending because taxpayers, not bureaucrats, are the best judges of how to spend their money.

Here’s how to think about this argument: it implies that we should shut down the air traffic control system. After all, that system is paid for with fees on air tickets — and surely it would be better to let the flying public keep its money rather than hand it over to government bureaucrats. If that would mean lots of midair collisions, hey, stuff happens.

The point is that nobody really believes that a dollar of tax cuts is always better than a dollar of public spending. Meanwhile, it’s clear that when it comes to economic stimulus, public spending provides much more bang for the buck than tax cuts — and therefore costs less per job created (see the previous fraudulent argument) — because a large fraction of any tax cut will simply be saved.

This suggests that public spending rather than tax cuts should be the core of any stimulus plan. But rather than accept that implication, conservatives take refuge in a nonsensical argument against public spending in general.

+ Reply to Thread