+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Girls Basketball Coach Fired After 100-0 Win

Girls Basketball Coach Fired After 100-0 Win

Blog Entries
    Ask Muhme.
    Find a new slant.

It's a good thing they went to a zone in the second half. The game could have gotten out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

I've gotten blown out in games. It doesn't shatter you, especially when you know your team isn't good. How dumb that the winning team is the one going through turmoil over this while the losing team doesn't seem to care all that much. Sure, it's not cool to destroy a team in a kids league but get over it.

Coached my niece's soccer team one summer. We lost a game by like 10 or 11 once. That game we were silly-over-matched and by the second half I just started asking players where they wanted to play so they could have fun in their favorite positions while getting creamed. The kids didn't really care that they got killed. Even the good players on the team were over it by the time we were down by 6 or 7. You know what kind of psychological counseling I had to do to keep the kids psyches from crumbling? I had to say, "Man their good. I bet it helps that they've got twice the players we do. I'm tired just looking at all of them. Billy's mom brought Mountain Dew for the after game drink so lets wrap this up quick."

Grow some fucking balls, adults.
    Last edited by Fool; 01-27-2009 at 08:07 AM.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread