+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Shaq/AI

I guess feels this is no longer 'fun'
    Players meeting my ASS!

no shit?

Nevermind, I guess Joe beat me to this one.

Blog Entries
    Anybody know how much (if any) cap space we'd still have if this deal happened?

I'm guessing not much.

I'd stay away from this, as I am sure Joe will.
    Find a new slant.

You'll need to be more specific (there are 3 trades in this thread).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Thread title, sorry.
    Find a new slant.

A straight up AI/Shaq deal would only effect next year's cap (then Shaq would expire). We'd definitely be over the cap next year.

Right now we have 33 mil on the books for next year, that would make it 53. But, that number doesn't show Max's extension (which is 5 mil a year, not sure how much in year #1). That puts us at 58 mil. The cap for next year is $58.86 million. I would assume we'd just pick up the option year on Bynum. Then we'd have the MLE to adress any holes not filled with picks. Not sure if Sheed or Dyess would stay a couple years cheaper. Even if Kwame left it wouldn't give us more than the MLE. The good news is we'd be far from tax level so no reason not to use the MLE.

as for 2010, we'd have about 30 mil committed (Tay, RIP, Stuckey, AA, Max), plus draft picks. If we used the MLE this year that's another 6 mil (guessing). There'd still be about 20 mil to spend on Bosh and other FA's to fill out the roster. If we didn't have the MLE on the books there'd be 26 obviously. That's enough for Bosh and a 2nd tier center to play next to him (Camby?, Miller?, Memo?, Chandler?). Or if Amir pans out we can sign a bench wing with the rest of that money (Howard, Mike Miller). If we use the MLE this year, then we'd have space for Bosh and nothing more than a vet backup probably.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Is Davidson willing to suck another year to get to 2010?
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    I thinking about this from a season tickets and attendance standpoint, mostly.
    Find a new slant.

Well, trading for Shaq actually helps in that regard. With Stuckey, RIP, Tay, Max, Amir we definately wouldn't suck. That would still be a playoff team (but probably not a contender). If you could convince Dyess to stay another year (or Sheed) that would be ideal. That's why AI and Sheed for Shaq and Amare would be best (even if Amare left you'd be better next year). Or, simply move Sheed for a big with an extra year left to bridge the 1 year gap. Trouble is you won't know if they'd take a one year deal before having to trade Sheed.

+ Reply to Thread