View Poll Results: Do the Pistons have any shot at a ring this year without making a major trade?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 35.00%
  • No

13 65.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Championship Impossible?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gusman
    We can't even beat the mediocre teams let alone that good teams in the NBA.
    5-0 Vs. the Spurs, Lakers, Magic, Nuggets & Cavs

No chance. Defense wins championships, and defense is always 2nd priority for Stuckey/Iverson/Hamilton. Not only can the Pistons not play defense, there fourth quarter offense consists of Stuckey going the other way with a pick and roll, leading to a Tayshaun jacked up shot with 2 seconds left on the clock. Zero chance, Boston and Cleveland are lightyears ahead of the Pistons.
    Destiny

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    5-0 Vs. the Spurs, Lakers, Magic, Nuggets & Cavs
    If you want to call a .650 winning percentage very good to elite (sounds fair), then the Pistons are 5-3 (3 losses to Boston and New Orleans).

9 of the next 20 games are against those teams as well. We'll know a lot more after that stretch.

We're the 'Spurs' of the East.

Anythings possible.
    Yeah, we're the Spurs minus guys like Duncan, Parker and Manu to go along with a coach like Pop.

We're the 'Spurs' of the East.

Anythings possible.
    I agree. It may only be a %10 shot, but I think they do have a shot IF they start to play like they want it.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by theMUHMEshow
    Yeah, we're the Spurs minus guys like Duncan, Parker and Manu to go along with a coach like Pop.
    And the championships.

Blog Entries
    Those 2 losses Vs. Boston are excusable, the first loss was AI's 2nd game as a Piston, and the second loss was the back end of a back-to-back with travel.

Ultimately, it will be playoff seeding that dictates our outcome. It's safe to say we're gonna be either the 4th or 5th seed (probably the 4th). If that's the case, I'm going to be the biggest Orlando Magic fan for the rest of the season. I think we'd take them down in Rd 2...

From there, it's a toss-up. Boston has their flaws and so does Cleveland.

This has never been a team that needs homecourt advantage to win a playoff series, so that type of stuff is irrelevant.

I think we're putting too much stock into our W/L record. How many of our losses have come Vs. non-playoff teams? How many leads have we blown in the 4th quarter? How many losses do we have where we didn't have our full roster healthy?

We won like 60+ games three years ago and have nothing to show for it. If this team hits their stride in March & April, rather than December & January like previous years, then who knows what can happen? Has the roster ever had as much talent (cohesive or incohesive) for a playoff series as this years will have? I don't think so...Rip & Dyess off the bench? Who else is going to have that type of depth?

Anything can happen...

I forget who brought this up before but i thought this year was a wash, just a means to an end which is free agency this summer? As far as rebuilding goes we are doing pretty damn good i would say. If in fact joe fallows through with this years roster and dumps sheed and iverson.
    It's like marvel drew a man genetically engineered to fuck your girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by FatKid
    I forget who brought this up before but i thought this year was a wash, just a means to an end which is free agency this summer? As far as rebuilding goes we are doing pretty damn good i would say. If in fact joe fallows through with this years roster and dumps sheed and iverson.
    Probably

No. We simply don't have the defense for it.

+ Reply to Thread