Thread: Swoopo.com

Swoopo.com

Any one here tried it? Thoughts?

Famous Bill Walton quotes:

"Shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

Nope, never tried it -- never heard of it until now. Quick google search brings this up: http://www.avoision.com/2008/10/01/n...n_site_a_l.php

Incredible profits they can make. Will they be stopped? Who knows. It seems terrible, but... somehow not also.

Thanks for the article. It does seem somewhat inherently evil.

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

I just buy stuff. I don't try to turn in my Chuck E' Cheese tokens to get it.
    STEW BEEF!

Why would anyone bid on anything until the last minute? I don't even do that now on ebay. It's even worse on there. So what happens when everyone waits until a few minutes prior? Is there a reserve?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

When you bid, it adds 15 seconds to the countdown.
    STEW BEEF!

I guess there would be quite a flurry in the last few minutes then. I could see it going up fast I suppose.

You'd essentially have thousands of people spending a buck to miss out on it, so I can't see a huge outcry from the losers.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by D's Nuts
    Any one here tried it? Thoughts?
    I don't think I'd ever try it. The odds of winning anything in that are remote with the time increase. It would be very frustrating to never win anything even if you didn't have to pay for each bid.

Yeah, I don't know that I would be a sane person if I spend 100 bids ($75) on something that I didn't get.

Blog Entries
    Swoopo sounds like poopo.

I just made that up!

Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread